Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The 572 is here!

The 572 was delivered tonight! The engine is a piece of art, way too nice to get dirty on the Power Tour. We're ready to install it in my '70, but are waiting on a pair of tall-deck headers that are delayed at JetHot. If we don't get them by next weekend, we'll have to forego the 572 and stick with the 454 for the Tour. Here's a pic, just disregard the goofball standing next to the engine........

Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      ok after i wipped the drool off the keyboard im able to type sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Wow ! That is a killer motor Dan. Where did you get tall deck headers from? Do you know what diameter they are ?
      Project "Freebird"

Quote Originally Posted by speedster
      Wow ! That is a killer motor Dan. Where did you get tall deck headers from? Do you know what diameter they are ?
      Thanks Bruce! The headers were ordered through Dynatech and they're 2-1/8".

http://www.secureperformanceorder.co...ProductID=6934

Looks great. Does the 572 use the same pan as the 502? YOu may have to change that to fit it into your 70, but you probably know that already.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks Andrew, yeah the stock pan won't work. I have a new Moroso pan, pump and pickup sitting in the garage.

That is sweet! I love your Nova as is, but with that motor will only make it better.
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

Nice!! Join the family! What kind of MPG do you think we'll be able to knock down on the tour?

Quote Originally Posted by protouring72
      Nice!! Join the family! What kind of MPG do you think we'll be able to knock down on the tour?
      AWESOME intake! If I can get everything installed I'll be running the stock 850 Demon carb on the Tour. With my 5spd, I'm hoping for 10-12mpg. Last year my dual-quad 454 averaged 15.5 on the Tour with a best of 18mpg. You should see 3-5mpg better than me due to the EFI.

What brand headers are you going to use?

Sweet, I was hoping to get at least 15MPG, as long as I can stay out of it!! I swapped out my 15 gallon cell for a 20 gallon one to increase my range.
      As far as headers, thats still up in the air, I've been working with a major header manufacturer on a prototype design, and I'm having fitment issues. I'm at the point now where I cant wait any longer, and may just have to have them custom made.

John

That is awesome! But a small part of me says "crate motor/ Schmate motor". I guess that small part is my "brain". Ha Ha!

All seriousness- That is one hell of an engine, congrats!

how made the injection system,intake etc

Dan?? Have you lost your mind?? That thing might pretzel the Nova !! got subframe connectors!!!

good for the wow factor...
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

sorry to interupt this thread (love the 572 btw) but protouring72 are you going to run those BFG KD's on the tour? If so then I would like to know how they work on wet pavement at highway speeds. I have heard they are pretty slippery. I am running the same tires on my 68 coupe so I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by protouring72

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68
      Dan?? Have you lost your mind?? That thing might pretzel the Nova !! got subframe connectors!!!

good for the wow factor...
      LOL! No worries, the subframes are completely tied together. My car once had a ladder bar rear suspension, so everything's welded and there are braces/crossmembers galore!

I agree on the wow factor, but it would've been a helluva lot cheaper if I had just painted my steel heads with aluminum paint and picked up some 572 valve covers!

looks awesome dan! Cant wait to see pics of it in the nova! always did like ur car, now i think i like it much more!

Sean

Wow!!

What a nice piece. I've got a 502 Ram Jet being delivered tomorrow. The only problem is that being in Afghanistan means my wife will have to take pics for me...virtual excitement!!! This car is still going together, but will be running a TKO 600 (already on hand). What kind of clutch are you using, and how do you like the TKO with BBC setup? Thanks.

Tom
      1970 SS Camaro, 502 RamJet, TKO600 Tremec, 3.91 Moser 12 bolt/Detroit Tru-Trac, C5/Z06 Brakes.

Wow..

Nice engine! And i thought my 502 RamJet was "big"

Should make the Nova move well..lol

Great Engine!!

I'm speechless Dan .......Thats gonna be a freakin monster in the Nova....Keeps us updated on the progress and keep the pics coming
      71' Nova - LY6, T56

Quote Originally Posted by tomspo04
      What a nice piece. I've got a 502 Ram Jet being delivered tomorrow. The only problem is that being in Afghanistan means my wife will have to take pics for me...virtual excitement!!! This car is still going together, but will be running a TKO 600 (already on hand). What kind of clutch are you using, and how do you like the TKO with BBC setup? Thanks.

Tom
      Hey Tom, The 502 RamJet will be sweet! I'm currently running a Centerforce dual friction clutch with the stock mechanical linkage. The TKO/BBC combo works VERY well. I couldn't be more pleased. We'll see how the TKO handles the 572........... I see a TKO-600 in my future.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com