Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sneek Peak! My '67 Mustang Version 3.0

Well, I've been sitting on this for awhile, and felt like posting a few pics. Over this past summer, my dad and I decided to completely redo my Mustang. It is now officially Pro-Touring. Version 1 was basically a stock resto with 15" Torq-Thrusts and exhaust being the only deviations from stock, besides the engine. Version 2 was basically the same with the addition of Global West Cat 3 suspension package and Yokahama tires. Version 3 adds 4-wheel Baer discs (thanks again to Clint for another killer set of brakes), 17" Vintage 45s, Eagle F1s, TKO-500 replacing the tired C4 slushbox, 9" rear, and other goodies. Not to mention a complete teardown including new paint and bodywork. The car is alot farther along now than the pics below, but I'm going to hold out on showing the finished product until it's completely done. That will come at Christmas break when I head home, but until then enjoy these buildup pics.
      Oh, and Camaroboy/Adam, I hope this can be some inspiration for you and your girl. Doesn't have to be a fastback to be cool!
      -Brian

<--- Artist formerly known as BlownSS502

looks great -- please tell me more about the wheel / tire combo: tire size, backspacing, etc.

also -- the color is unusual and beautiful....

lastly -- where does one buy baer brakes for classic fords? baer.com doesn't say, and
      web searches only find late model mustang info.

thanks.

baers

baer has all the neat stuff for old mustangs. hal's personal car is a 69 mach with over 450000 miles.

Hell, as long as I posted those pics I might as well post the most recent ones. I'll just have to make a final update when the car is completely buttoned up.

Phonedude,
      Thanks for the compliments.

Wheels: Made by Vintage Wheel Works. Really nice quality, extremely good service. Fronts are 17x8 with 4.5" bs, Rears are 17x9.5 with 6" bs. The front tires in the first pictures are 245/40/17. The tires that I'm going to run, and what are in the pictures below are 245/35/17. I put different springs in the car and it is looooooww. I'm talking 2.25" from the ground to the headers kind of low. Even with the fender lips completely removed and replaced by welding in a fine gauge rod, there were major clearance issues with the 245/40s. The 35s are a full inch shorter, so that gave me an extra half inch to play with at the lip. (I think it looks better with the lower profile anyway.) Rears are 275/40/17, no clearance problems whatsoever, lips not rolled. You could probably fit a 10" wheel in there with a 285 no problem, but VWW goes from a 9.5" to 11" width in their wheels.

Color: Over the past couple of years of driving this car around, the most frequent comment from people was how much they like the color. It's actually the original paint color for the car, and is called Burnt Amber. It's really unusual, you hardly ever see other Mustangs with it. It really pops when the sun hits it, brings out a nice gold hue.

As far as the brakes, Baer hasn't seemed to update their website for some time, but they make all of their kits for early stangs.
      -Brian

car

very cool mustang, especially for a coupe, good job, what is the front fascia?? a eleanor?? looks good nice touch, stance is perfect, hey still got the chevelle?? any done pics??
      jake

Thanks, Jake! Yes, I still have the Chevelle, but it was put on the back burner over the summer because of the Mustang. Some progress was still made, however. I've almost maxed out my attachment limit with these pictures, but I'll start a thread on the Chevelle in a few days.

The front fascia is from a place in Connecticut called Cobra Automotive. ( http://www.cobraautomotive.com/new%20products.htm ) It was a super nice piece, for being fiberglass it required practically no finish work. All we did was glass in some more material in places that looked a tad weak. I really like the fact that the brake ducts are functional. The hood was a whole other story. That thing was a royal piece of *****. If anyone wants to buy something from Mustangs Plus, think again. It's a good thing my body man is proficient in fiberglass; he did an unbelievable job and it looks like a steel hood now, but I probably have $2000 worth of labor in a $350 hood.
      -Brian

Country Flag: Canada
      I want!!!!!!
      The semi-gloss black paint is a nice touch, especially the way you carried it to the rear quarter. Nice touch
      Your hood, as it is now, is one of the nicest hoods I've seen. I say you make a mould and start selling hoods!
      Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Country Flag: United States
      Car looks AMAZING, Brian!!!

very nice. hood looks killer and stance is perfect!!!

colt45
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

re: paint -- I guess that is the 67 version of "Emberglo". I believe 66 was the last year they used that
      name for their gold/bronze paint. It is very rare and very beautiful.

re: brakes -- I know Baer makes them, but I've never seen them for sale at any of the usual vendors. Do you
      have to buy directly from Baer? how much does the usual 13-front, 12-rear setup cost?

re: your car -- I esp. like the rear shots. The rear of the coupe demonstrates just how much wider
      and more aggressive the 67/68s are over the 65/66s. The fastback obscures the low, wide rear deck on the
      67. beautiful car.

Baer Brakes

Very nice Mustang...nice to see another coupe on this site...I bought Baers for my Mustang almost 10 years ago...the early Mustangs were actually some of Hals very first applications...your suspension and brakes are identical to my 68 coupe...seeing the Vintage 45's makes me want to get rid of my Cobra R's...

OH that is awesome!!! ANother inspiring 67 Mustang Coupe like ours! Great pics and car is coming along well. My girlfriend is going to love these pics!! I realy like the addition of the Eleanor front!
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

That's Hot!

Finally a MUSTANG. Being a Mustang guy I've been waiting to see a couple nicely done Mustangs on the board. The stance, wheel and tire combo is just perfect. I like the paint job a lot also, very cool. I'd like to see some more pics of this, nore of the side maybe. Thumbs up from me!

Way to go Brian!! Looks awesome.

very nice, I think I like the "trunkstangs" a little better than the fastbacks.
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

Way cool. I like everything about it! I would probably try to do the same if I had that car.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! It means alot coming from the people on this board. As far as coupes v. fastbacks, I lean towards coupes as well. Don't get me wrong, I love fastbacks and wouldn't mind having one, but the coupes to me have more of a sporting flair. Lighter, looks smaller, more agile, a bit more muscular in the rear. I was talking to a guy who was looking at the car with me when the paintwork was finished, and I think he summed it up nicely: "Looks like a snub-nose revolver."

Also, in my mind this whole pro-touring thing really has its roots in the Trans-Am series from 65-70. Nothing like a race series devoted to pony cars going toe to toe on road courses. I've always loved the Shelby Terlingua cars, and since I was going to redo it anyway I decided to do kind of a tribute car. All of the originals were coupes, no fastbacks. They were mustard yellow, but they had a similar blackout treatment. Here's what they looked like:

-Brian

i frekkin love your car..... i was thinkin bout doin supthing simalar..... how is the ride.. how does the car handle. how does it stop? srry bout all the questions but i want almost the same setup in my car....what engine do you have?
      is there a drool smily?

Brian, your car looks beautiful. Everything looks like it flows together quite nicely and the car has a very nice subtle agression to it. The work in the car is very apparent....VERY nice car.
      -Keith

zefhix
      There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent-

Looks really cool!!

SW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com