Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

What is the better option?

Currently my 69 Camaro has a 2003 LQ9 from an Escalade. I am going to want to increase the power to about 500hp. I have thought about using a supercharger. The other option I have thought about is buying the crate LS7 for my car.

Reliability is a major concern for me. I do not want a lot of hassles from my set up. I like the idea of the LS7 because GM has spent all of the time and money make sure it is reliable horspower. The downside is price and the LQ9 does not have a lot of miles on it.

Thanks for the help.

crank or at the tires, a basic head cam setup with a ls6 intake and long tubes and a decent tune should easily put you there. 500 at the wheels and it would be easier to go with the blower.

And the ls7 is rated at the crankshaft remember

Country Flag: United States
      a magnacharger blower would put you in the very reliable upper 300s at the wheels. id give you an exact number but it was a hummer that i put that blower on, so the numbers look a little low.

or wait til you find someone so caught up in the LS2/7 craze that they ditch their LS1/6 for cheap. 500 crank hp is easy with those. of course its easy with the LQ9 as well.

500rwhp and weve got some different directions to look at.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Country Flag: United States
      Get the tuner version of the new Kenne Bell Supercharger for LS1s....that will more than do it.

If you can afford it, the LS7 would seem to be a better choice, for reliability, and for the weight savings of the alloy block. Forced induction engines have a way of not being reliable.
      Chris
      67 Camaro single turbo LSX/T56 -V2.0 underway
      06 AMG CLS55 2.9 Whipple, 5.6 forged Darton MID
      06 AMG E55 w 63 conversion 2.9 Whipple
      99 FRC Corvette pretty in pink

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com