Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Just bought my F1R!!!

Been working on all the details for awhile now, and decided to get the F1R instead of the D1sc, better option for me. Eventhough I have higher than normal compression the F1R has the capabilities to do what I want now and eventually grow when I drop compression...

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody here for helping me along the process of what to get and why, from the Procharger itself to the Fuel system....

Special thanks to Frank @ Prodigy for taking care of this for me too!!!

Pics to follow once installed, should be about a month.

Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Hope your gonna FI it ??
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

He's only running 10lbs for now, so a carb will not be a issue. Plus he has a special guest tuner helping, and it ain't me!

What is Bull going to Cali to help tune it, HAHAHAHA

You going out Sunday??? I'm working on the Nova bringing it back to life!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

No, Street racer looks like it blew up in the shop, in a million pieces. travis, 69CamaroRacer will be here tonight, and we are taking his out Friday night, but porbably not Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
      He's only running 10lbs for now, so a carb will not be a issue. Plus he has a special guest tuner helping, and it ain't me!
      Why would a carb be an issue over 10lbs?

Your going out Fri to play in the water with the imports?? I was there 2 weeks ago, no track prep for 1 and 2 at all, i'll call you on Fri. and see if your going out, What happen to JBI?

frank will be better for the Boost "Q's" too much pressure on the floats is my guess, and there's other mods,

Long story short, over 8 / 10 lbs carbs tend to get funky. Nothing was wrong with JBI, It was making some noise in the rear, new R and P, Look the converter over, engine to the dyno for tweaking, Chris Alston subframe, Losing 100+ lbs and looking for a few ponies. Now it is all apart and no time to assemble.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to get it all on there.... Getting it painted too so hopefully about the time my F1R shows up my car will be done and red!!!
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Long story short, over 8 / 10 lbs carbs tend to get funky.
      Yeah, I guess my car is really "funky" at 23lbs. My part throttle and cruise afr is between 13.5-14.5, idle at 14.2-14.5 and wot at 10.5-11.5 across the rpm range. Plus you don't have to rely on someone else to tune your car, all you need is a good wideband that datalogs and some jets.

It also dynoed 917 rwhp pushing right through the converter and ran low 9's footbraking on radials and through the mufflers. The car has never been on a trailer and is driven everywhere.

Believe it or not blow thru carbs work real well.

As soon as the car runs in the 8's and dyno's over a thousand rwhp I'm gonna throw some 17's on it and look for a skidpad, Now thats "FUNKY"

whytry, if your still going w/ CSU for the carb you will not be dissapointed. I feel Kevin and Dennis have the best customer service after the sale plus they have a whole lot of happy "funky" customers with street cars in the single digits.

If you ever see my car at Sac stop by and say whats up.

So now you bait and slam!!!

Got any stock tips!!!

Frank so the JBI is in the same shape as my 68 parts here and parts there

Mr pepper, that is pretty good. I also have a friend with turbos through a carb that runs 8s, so I know it can be done, but it ain't wasy. You are a hell of a tuner. fuel injection does make things a lot easier and safer to get a good tune in all conditions.

Steve, I'll get it together in the next month or so. With the 100lbs and a few more HP, it will be knocking on the 8 second door hard. Looking at driving it on Power Tour. If a all steel, pump gas, pee wee that runs 8s at Gainesville and drives the tour doesn't get their attention, I don't know what will. Pump gas drags wouldn't pick us yet another year. I wish I could do drag week, but can only go so many places.

I'm going out Sunday, new wheels, tune the Cal tracs, put the tach where I can see, maybe I can pull a tenth or .3 out of it, still havent run a full balls to the wall pass,

fuel injection does make things a lot easier and safer to get a good tune in all conditions.
      That is so true, the ability to add or remove fuel anywhere on the map is a great tool. Heck, if the budget allowed I would of went FI.

I wasn't trying to bait and slam you like Steve68 is saying, I use this board to learn and to share what little info I do know. I just wanted to know if you had a simple solution to the low boost carb issue.

CSU is devolping a boost reference power valve which should be available soon. It should cure alot of the carb issues people are having w/ low boost.

Dude, you should have come right out of the box saying I know about this sheoot, hell ya I would run the blow thru set up, I wish I still had my 600B, I'd pull my BBC out of the Nova and put in my TRW D cups and run some boost! Which I still can do I just remembered my friend has a SC he wants to sell, good idea!

jd what wideband do you use?

I use an Innovate LM-1 but I think anything that datalogs should be ok.

JD- Those A/F ratios are great! MY carb is up at CSU right now for a once over.

Question: Do you change your carb much based on what the LM-1 says? I was thinking of buying one but I figure I'll only really use it one day, to get the basic tune dialed-in, and then just watch it for kicks. My thinking is that the carb isn't something you tune dynamically, as the LM-1 reports.

The only thing I changed on the carb after getting it back from CSU are the jets, and thats because I kept turning the boost up. Other than that everything else was dead on, Kevin and Dennis know there sheeeoot.

The LM-1 is just another tool to help me tune, you still have to know how to read plugs. Plus it allows you to datalog, it will record your engines vital signs or whatever you set it up to record. I have mine set up to record RPM-AFR-TARGETED BOOST-ACTUAL BOOST. I'll eventually start logging my fuel pressure and AIT's.

JD what size carb are you running, Engine, where and what is CSU?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com