Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Swapped the wheel studs for my new spline drive lugs and gave her a wash finally. I think I'm really gonna like these wheels once I slam it. They should tuck under the fenders perfectly...

Now I need a paint job even worse! haha

Country Flag: United States
      Love all the changes, Cars is looking good !
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

I no longer need my 15" steelies up front, so I'm going to use one for the hose reel in my garage. Had to get rid of the tires to do it though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3YT...ature=youtu.be

How much bleach you use there?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

haha Bleach is for pansies.

I actually got the tires smoking better 6-7 years ago when I first installed the line lock and still had 3.08 gears. It got a lot more tire speed. I tried another run this weekend in 1st gear, but 2nd gear made more smoke.

Here's a couple pics from way back when...

Grabbed a few shots yesterday since we got sent home from work early! Haven't had time to cut & reweld the radiator support and get the stance nailed...but I did roll all the lips so it will tuck tire nicely when I do drop it more. I will try to get that done before the summer is up so I can make sure all my clearances are good before I start on paint work. I've attached a fresh Photoshop as the motivation.

Needs this:

2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496

Well, a few weeks ago I caught my car on fire!

I rebuilt a ticking lifter and apparently the reusable washers on my banjo fitting for the fuel inlet were reused one too many times. Within 10-15 seconds of starting the car I had 3-4' flames shooting out of the engine bay. Put it out quick with the fire extinguisher in my back seat and only burned two nylon gauge supply lines and singed the plug wires a little bit.

So...I decided to fix a couple little issues I had with the fuel system. First off I replaced the banjo setup with a 90* AN fitting, and switched my return line from the vapor line that didnt work to another 3/8 line I added to the sending unit. Now I have a vapor line that works again and a full-flow return that doesn't pressure creep. I also replaced the mechanical oil psi gauge with electric and the nylon supply line for the vacuum gauge to braided stainless.

So, thankfully it's still in one piece. If you don't have a fire extinguisher - go get one!

do you still have the numbers off of those willwood calipers?

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      do you still have the numbers off of those willwood calipers?
      These are what I put on while I was playing with pedal feel: (2.38 piston) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-120-5344/

Most people use the 2.75 with the stock rotor and master cylinder: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-120-5861/

Where you missing the bumper/front splash guard thing in this pic?

Nope. It's just missing the inner fenders. That angle does make it look funny though. That open area is just the wheel well...that's why I think these F-bodies look funny with smaller 26" tires, the wheel wells are huge.

I've got the car in the air right now and hopefully sorted out my braking problem. A few years ago I was playing musical master cylinders trying to get the pedal feel how I wanted it. They all felt spongy. I bled and bled and bled and bench bled and power bled and had a shop bleed the brakes and could not find any air. I finally noticed the rear pass pad was not sweeping the whole face of the rotor. I took it apart and found the washer stack I used to center the pads on the rotor was not exactly the same. 5 washers on one bolt did not match the 5 washers on the other bolts...so the caliper was not exactly parallel. By remedying this problem with spacers it should get rid of the spongy pedal. Then I can really dial in the master cylinder bore I want.

I bought a used EFI kit that came in today, I'm psyched. Everything looks good. Accel DFI with all wiring and computers: Gen7 wth SFI and Alpha-N fueling. Even has the o2. And my low-pro Eddy TB linkage clears the rails with no spacer. (Sold off the shiny one...I don't like shiny). Drop base air cleaner also clears everything fine. I had to use a 1" spacer on the drop base to clear my fuel inlet on the carb, and the TB is 3/4" shorter than the carb, so I might even end up with more hood clearance with the single plane manifold than I had with the air gap!

Current setup with the airgap & carb:

I also bought a pair of AFR 195 CNC heads and roller rockers to make the swap from my carb Vortec intake to traditonal SBC EFI manifold. Unfortunately the heads were not the Eliminators, they were the old style. But I got a good enough deal on them that I got my money back after I sold them. Tony at AFR told me the older style would surrender about 30hp to the Eliminators on a 500hp engine. I was figuring maybe 450hp out of my 355, and it proabably would have been more like 430. Not even worth it when I'm making 400 now.

So, since I'm in the market for new heads and 195s don't really cost any more than 210s or 220s...I'm contemplating a build from scratch. I figure if I can sell the current 355 carb to pan with dizzy and fuel pump included, a nice 421ci forged Dart SHP short block would be nice. Skip white has a crazy cheap price on them.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-CHEVY-42...&forceRpt=true

Sold the Accel manifold & rails and bought a Hurricane manifold & rails. (Same carb height, but longer runners for better midrange.) It's a ProComp and the casting kinda looks like crap, but I'll clean it up. Came with ugly red anodized rails, but that's nothing a little oven cleaner can't fix. Photoshopped them black and I like the look.

Air cleaner height is actually exactly the same as the current AirGap since the TB is shorter and spacer is not needed. I've got 1" to play with to the cowl.

Get some sander cartridge tip things - and a power drill - and go to town.

looks like a cool setup... what kind of fuel pressure do you have to run with that?
      -Bennyhaha

My die grinder fits Dremel attachments so I can clean it up nice.

Fuel pressure will be 43.5psi. I can go up from there if need be...there is adjustability in the software. The Accel software will take a little getting used to. I've only worked with GM OBD1 for my truck & Beretta...but I can convert this to OBD1 if need be.

Getting quite a bit of interest on my 355...hoping to have it sold soon!

Sold the 355 to another member on NastyZ28. Glad to see it headed for another Camaro. Also found some good quality used parts on NastyZ28 for myself. I'm loving the LS craze...it makes SBC stuff cheap! Picked up a fully forged 383 short block, studded 4-bolt mains with Edelbrock roller cam (232/[email protected] .575/.584" 112) and a pair of AFR 195 Eliminators for not much more than I got out of my complete 355. Throw the EFI on and it should make an easy 500hp. And it saves me a few thousand vs building a 421 from scratch.

Since the car is apart now, I'm going to go through it completely and finally do the paint job and detail work that has been waiting. This winter I have some Beretta projects to get to before the Camaro rebirth, but I'm hoping to have the Camaro done in a year or so. More power, EFI, new paint...will be like a new car!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com