Country Flag: United States
      very cool.. LOTS of progress!
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Update:

I took it to Carlisle last weekend and had no problems. The clutch is now fully broken in and I can tell you already I LOVE the 4.10s. Time for stickier tires.

Realized I haven't added any updates. I added some M/T drag radials and CE Slide-A-Links to remedy my traction problems. I also converted to 11.5" rear disc using 2WD & 4WD Blazer parts to clear the staggered shocks. For the front I just did the upgrade from stock 11 to 1LE 12" with IROC rotors and b-body spindles. That's basically the biggest I could go and clear the 15" wheels that I will retain for time spent at the drag strip.

Now I'm busy upgrading the whole electrical system with relays and some other stuff from MAD. I'll also be installing my new elec water pump & fan. I have more suspension work planned with some new parts from Pro-touring F-body and I'm still trying to find the right wheels.

Went to a show yesterday and then got some decent pictures with the new camera and lens filters. I had my girl shoot a nice video of me pounding on it. Took it zero to redline 3rd gear, which according to gear ratios and my tire size should be 93mph. Seems about right since last year at the track I just hit 4th before the end and that was 101. Watching the video makes me grin ear to ear. haha

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=36237473

And on to the pics for everyone who wont be at Camaro Nationals at Carlisle:

And some more pics from this winter:

Wow no updates lately! Been busy the last couple years building a new car, buying a truck and then buying my first house... It won't take much to catch up on the Camaro since it has been a little neglected lately...

I have a new Moser 8.5" rear after I twisted the stock one at the strip in '08...and still no time slips I'm happy with yet. Best so far is a 13.51@106. I've since played with the carb and it feels better, but haven't had it back out to get numbers. I did get some good Pro-touring F-body leaf springs installed, and I have Hotchkis sway bars and 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 wheels in boxes ready to go. I put in a new AN-6 fuel system and upgraded to a digital MSD HEI ignition.

Immediate plans are for tires, with hopefully OBD1 GM EFI following and paint.

Needs EFI and paint... hahaha.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

I've actually been looking at lemans blue.

Looks great Woody. Looking forward to seeing the new rims on the car. I think I will go with Lemans blue or an original color from 1968.

I have a lot of lemans blue....
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Wow man great buildup! I cant't wait to get my 6 spd up and running, I'm jealous...!!... if I had to be critical about anything though I would say lose that hood... Don't the z28 hoods for these have the kinda teardrop shape scoop? Like the "fast times at Ridgemont High" car? I think Id have to run that one lol..
      68 Camaro under construction

-Chris-

I did run the teardrop scoop for a while, but when I wedged the subframe to get more body drop I lost the hood clearance and had to run the fiberglass cowl. On the bright side though, the 15lb pin-on hood has to save about 100lbs compared to the stock steel one. I will be ditching the hood pin setup when I finally get to body & paint work. I like the Aerocatch latches for the front, and I'm planning to make my own hinge for the back corners & prop rod similar to the design on my Beretta.

It's a shame it won't work because the teardrop does look good. Especially with the stock Z stripes. Here's on old pic from back when the poor thing still had chrome trim & a 4x4 stance with skinny tires!

Lebanon Valley! I used to run up there when I lived in CT. I think the Lemans Blue would look good on there.

The gay auto trans in my truck ate 3rd & 4th gear, and the Beretta still needs some reassembly...so the Camaro is my DD for a few weeks now. haha I also bought one each of the tires to verify fitment on the new 18s. I only took it just outside the garage because the rear Nittos are .3" taller and I don't want to burn up the posi clutches. Fitment is great though! I don't know how the hell people run big tires up front with 0 offset...these are 20 offset. I'll order the other 2 tires soon. I still need to drop the front about 2" (when I cut & reweld the core support) and the rear about 1" (which will be easy since the leafs are installed in the tall hole of the shackle.)

The new wheels look great. Do you have the stance where you want it? I am trying to envision this about 1/2 down in the back and 1 down in the front. Have you done anything to the fender lips? I have been thinking about going with 255/40/18 and a 285 or 295/35/18 in the back. It is nice to have these for a reference with a little more sidewall.
      Stephen

the new wheels are much better! Great looking car!
      Milan
      1964 Chevelle SS

The rear will come down about an inch when I switch from the lower shackle hole to the upper, and I plan to bring the front down about 2-2.5". I wedged the subframe a couple years ago and you can see how it screwed up the body lines. Once I cut & reweld the core support to straighten out the body lines it should drop 1-2 inches. After I do that I'll see if I need to cut a half coil or so. I'll probably do a photoshop to see how it looks first, but I figured the backspacing so I can tuck tire.

I'm going to roll the lip on the rear quarters and modify the front as needed to tuck. It might require some surgery to the inner fenders, but I think it will be worth it. Suspension-wise everything clears fine. If they were 17s with this much backspacing (5.5 on 8.5 wheel) the tie rod ends might have hit the wheel and the control arms are close too. 5.75 backspace on the rear clears everything fine with room to spare. Might even go for the 305/45/18 NT555Rs next time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com