Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Grommet for harness to pass through firewall

Now i could have sworn there was a thread on it but i can not for the lifr of me find it!

So my question is what kind of grommet did you use to seal the conduit tubing to the firewall. As well as what size hole and where did you locate it.

Also did you guys route the 2 plugs for the comp through from the engine bay or all the other crap in from the interior.

I'm getting so close i can taste it!!!

Country Flag: United States
      More info is need to answer from what I read. Do you have connectors that you can remove and run wires though a grommet? The hole size for the connectors can sometimes define what type of grommet you will need and whether it will need to be split or not?

There are both rubber and plastic grommets available and if you can find A Newark electronics catalog they can give you a good place to start,they might have pics online if you can get into an on line catalog. Hope this helps get more info for you.

Jim Nilsen

Well half the questions you asked im not sure of myself haha, if anyone who has used the speartech harness has any pn's that would be awesome.

Country Flag: United States
      I heard a VW grommet for the GM harness,

Which 2 plugs for the comp, this is the compressor right??
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68
      Which 2 plugs for the comp, this is the compressor right??

Compressor??? its the 2 plugs that go into the computer, so it looks like ill be needing either a very flexable one or for it to be split, still anyone thats used a speartech harness should have been in the exact same situation as i am...

Check out www.sealsit.com for your firewall grommets, they might have something that'll work.

Gerald
      Last edited by TUBED; 03-16-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TUBED
      Check out www.sealsit.com for your firewall grommets, thay might have something that'll work.

Gerald
      Wow those are awesome!!! Thanks!

ill probably end up buying a few to see what works and post the results, i just hope the trim ring on those is stainless or alum

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com