Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: G-Force Cuda

Quote Originally Posted by SickDesign
      In answer to your question, and to get back more on subject, YES. I believe that this "era" has been evolving some time. The styling cues brought forth by Foose and Troy mixed with the new concepts from the big 3 have progressed over the past 4 or 5 years.

This car has taken the best attributes of performance and styling from all the top cars made up to date and rolled it into one neat, clean powerful package. I think you will soon see more and more cars of this quality rolling out of shops in the future. Some may be as good, some even better, but I think it will always have the distinction of being the "first". Any future cars that are based off of this can only be a constant compliment to the foresight,innovation and talent that went into building this car.

Or, I'm just full of crap and don't know what I'm talking about, take your pick:bsjerk:
      I'll pick the option that you know what you're talking about..thanks for your compliments on the Cuda..

Bob "cooter" Johnson

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
      I'll pick the option that you know what you're talking about..thanks for your compliments on the Cuda..
      You're welcome, well deserved.Hopefully I will get to see it up close, but being stuck up in Mass. leaves my options pretty narrow. Good luck with it!

I need to get the Cuda engine from Alan's shop in Gadsden, Ala. to Indy Cylinder Head in Indianapolis, Indiana..any ideas?
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
      I need to get the Cuda engine from Alan's shop in Gadsden, Ala. to Indy Cylinder Head in Indianapolis, Indiana..any ideas?
      I can make a couple suggestions as i have shipped at least 10 engines in the past 3 years.

Your best bet is to get a metal Engine Dolly or make a metal engine dolly and then secure it to a heavy duty wooden Pallet.

Once it's secured to the pallet you build a Plywood box around the engine so no one know's what's in there. Don't be afraid to use good wood either. You goal is to protect the engine.

You also want to put a sacrificial corrugated carton on the top of the pallet to prevent the shipping guy's from placing another pallet on top of your skid as crushing it. I can also send you "Do Not Double Stack Labels" to put on the pallet.

I have some really good pictures of a lotus body that was crushed in transportation from some idiot putting a heavy pallet on the crate.

Fed Ex Freight would be the common Carrier of Choice since they are one of the largest and most reliable (est 200.00).

You must tell them that you want it insured for full value and it is a new engine 'Not Used". You will also need proper bill of lading & packing list stating the contents of the engine and pallet. I can create one for you if you like.

Your other option is to call a private car Hauler (open trailer guy's) and have them haul it for you and they usually only charge loaded miles.This may seem a little safer in the end as you know the guy is going straight there with your engine.

shoot me an e-mail if you need my help

[email protected]
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt
      I can make a couple suggestions as i have shipped at least 10 engines in the past 3 years.

Your best bet is to get a metal Engine Dolly or make a metal engine dolly and then secure it to a heavy duty wooden Pallet.

Once it's secured to the pallet you build a Plywood box around the engine so no one know's what's in there. Don't be afraid to use good wood either. You goal is to protect the engine.

You also want to put a sacrificial corrugated carton on the top of the pallet to prevent the shipping guy's from placing another pallet on top of your skid as crushing it. I can also send you "Do Not Double Stack Labels" to put on the pallet.

I have some really good pictures of a lotus body that was crushed in transportation from some idiot putting a heavy pallet on the crate.

Fed Ex Freight would be the common Carrier of Choice since they are one of the largest and most reliable (est 200.00).

You must tell them that you want it insured for full value and it is a new engine 'Not Used". You will also need proper bill of lading & packing list stating the contents of the engine and pallet. I can create one for you if you like.

Your other option is to call a private car Hauler (open trailer guy's) and have them haul it for you and they usually only charge loaded miles.This may seem a little safer in the end as you know the guy is going straight there with your engine.

shoot me an e-mail if you need my help

[email protected]
      thanks for the input..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com