Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Fabricator/Shop in Central California?

I hope this is the right forum for this question. I am looking for any recommendations for a shop in Central California to do subframe connectors and a 6 or 8 point cage. These are probably going to be some of the first things I do with my Camaro (along with suspension). I do not have the skill, equipment, or space to do this stuff myself, although I wish I did.

Even if I order the pieces, I would still need someone to weld them in, I do have a small wire feed welder, but there's no way I would take on something as important as a cage at this point.

I want to talk to the people who will be doing the work in advance to make sure I'm not putting the cart before the horse so to speak (i.e. I think I need the headliner in before the cage, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Country Flag: United States
      There is a pretty good drag chassis guy in Salinas, where are you?
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Madera. Fresno is the closest big city and it's just south of here. Salinas isn't that far away.

Does the guy do custom cages? I want to be able to talk with the fab guy and have him help with the design of the cage; I have a basic idea of what I want, but I want to make sure it is as safe as possible too.

I went by Cris Alston's Chassisworks last time I was up in the Sacramento area, but with their cage you get what they have. I suppose I could have the welder alter it/modify it, but if that's the case I would rather have them build one from scratch. I think it would fit better than a mass produced cage.

Thanks.

Whats up,
      I grew up in Chowchilla. There should be a few places around fresno. Give this shop a call in Kerman. They can probably help or tell you where to look.

Rick's Automotive(559) 846-8188. 290 South Madera Avenue, Kerman, CA 93630

Former Valley Dairyman
      Alcino
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Alcino, thanks, I'll give him a call or stop by next time I get a day off.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com