Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Design software?

I want to start designing some parts. Particularly a 3-link rear suspension. What programs do you use for suspension design? Also what do you use for simple things like brackets?

I am no mechanical engineer, actually a software engineer, but I have thought about going back to school for an ME. I want to teach myself the design concepts behind an ME degree, if possible.

Solid Works, Unigraphics....

Thanks,
      Mike

Michael Barnes
      71 Chevelle - LS1/T56 swap - On the Street!!

The only 2 programs available that would be any good for that are "Perfromance Trends Suspension Analyzer" and "WinGeo", the later being a more professional program thus requiring a bit more background to understand and properly input data.

Solidworks with COSMOSMotion

Your best bet would be to purchase an educational liscense of an engineering design software. Solidworks, Pro/E, and Solidedge are all well known programs. Not to discredit you or anything, but before you design anything that could compromise your safety (such as suspension components) I would seek appropriate counsel of a degreed engineer or pursue a degree yourself.

do you have any experience with autocad or any parametric modeling?

i suggest solid works as its simple enough for you to learn on and its pretty user friendly.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com