Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2007 GT500 Shelby/Cobra Griggs 1 of 1 R&D Car Turn Key Track Car

2007 GT500 Shelby/Cobra write up

This is a 2007 Shelby/Cobra that is an early 2006 production car. The car was ordered from the factory as a stripe delete car by the original owner. The car was contracted and built by Griggs Racing in Sonoma by Ford Racing for the development of Griggs suspension to be contracted for the 2010 Shelby. This is the only Shelby that I know of built by Griggs for Ford R&D. Bruce Griggs has confirmed this in a recent conversation. He had told me that Ford cancelled the contract with him after the car was built.
      Over $50,000 went into the build of this 1-of a kind Shelby. The interior is in perfect condition, there are several knicks in the paint due to the mileage, but are not noticeable until you are very close to the paint. The chips are from the TOYO R-888 tires, being as sticky as they are, they pick up every little pebble. The mileage on the Shelby is currently 18,400. It has been track driven and street driven and runs absolutely amazing.
      Engine: 5.4 V-4 with a Whipple Super Charger, Larger injectors and other modifications.
      Fuel System: Kenny Bell Boost Pump.
      Transmission: Cobra-R 6 Speed Mated with a Performance twin disk clutch
      Rear End: Modified 8.8 with camber plates
      Suspension: Griggs Racing GR40TT fully adjustable.
      2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Griggs Racing GR40TT Full Chassis: the first Shelby GT500-GR40TT built by Griggs Racing at their Infineon Raceway shops in the summer of 2008. SLA front suspension with aluminum drop spindles, adjustable Koni coil overs, quick ratio rack, tubular K-member and radiator/anti-roll bar support and a adjustable anti-roll bar.
      Torque arm rear suspension with adjustable Watts link, adjustable aluminum lower control arms, adjustable Koni coil overs and adjustable anti-roll bar. Griggs GR40RT World Challenge hybrid de-cambered (-0.75 camber) 8.8” rear-end, 9” Ford axle tube ends, lowered pickup points, powder coated, DPI Platinum series half-tight torque biasing differential with Ford Racing 3.73N gears, Modified T/A axle girdle with main cap studs, Moser 9” Ford Non ‘C’ clip axles and main cap studs, remote rear-end breather vent with catch can. Griggs/Sierra 4-piston aluminum brake calipers, 13.5” 2-piece rotors front & rear, Hawk HT-10 brake pads, 3” ARP Grade 10.9 NASCAR studs.
      3” front brake cooling ducts. Canton 9 qt. road race oil pan (w/baffles and trap doors) with Accusump remote automatic pre-oiler & oil surge protection.
      Griggs power steering cooler. C&R/Revan Racing GT500 radiator and duel fan heat exchanger. Aluminum fluid reservoir tanks. Griggs 4-point roll bar (weld-in); Kirkey 1-piece aluminum power race seats with Safecraft 6-point harnesses and Halon fire extinguisher.
      AiM Sports MXL “Pista” instrumentation and race data acquisition display with remote, infared timing device and 8MB data logger with G-sensor and USB. Plug & play with Ford’s ECU.
      Jongbloed ‘Aero 305’ 3-piece wheels 18 x 10.5 (17 lbs.) w/Hoosier R6 tires 305/30/18 front and rear 576rwhp/564rwtq 3689lbs. with a 1/2 tank of gas (w/o driver) Weight Balance: 53% front / 47% rear.
      The Jongbloed wheels currently have TOYO R888 tires on them and are track specific tires only. Purchased for the street are, Forgstar 9.5x19 for the front and 11.19 With Bridgestone Potenza Sport 305/30/19.
      This is a fantastic car. It was built for the track and can be street driven very easily. Very smooth and very fast. It runs cool with zero issues. The close ratio shifter with the Cobra-R 6 speed is super smooth and the power from the engine is very impressive as it will put you tight in the seat when you put the peddle down.
      Everything on the car works perfectly.
      The car will come with some of the factory components that were saved during the build such as:
      Original SVT Supercharger, Breaks, Seats, Seat Belts, Radiator.
      There are also 2 different tuners for the car and a smaller pulley for the Whipple Supercharger, that will add another 75 Horse Power to the engine.
      You will notice 2 small holes on either side of the lower grill. Those are operational cooling vents and are ducted for the front breaks.
      The front splitter is custom made for the car as well.

Not sure if the pictures I uploaded attached, so if not, I will try later or I can email them.

Id Like to get $60,000 for it. Feel fee to call, But please text first so I know its not a spam call. John 925-813-8381 Deliver if its not to far. Im in Carson City

Pictures

For some wierd reason, I couldent add pictures to the discription. But here are a few.

Attached Images Attached Images              

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com