Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS7 crankcase venting help needed

I was hoping some knowledgeable people could chime in here and let me know if my planned oil breather connectivity was going to be ok or if I needed to change it.

I'm using a custom tank in the passenger-side tulip panel from Stefs. I have an LSXR intake and aftermarket "Chevrolet" racing valve covers that do not have venting hose barbs on them.
      I still need to buy the breather tank and was thinking of getting one from Peterson or AVIAID with only 2 connections. I was thinking of having 1 breather connection to the main tank and 1 for the connection on the Lifter Valley cover.

The valve covers just have a single passenger side fill hole and i was not sure if I could just cap that, seal it off, or if I need a cap with a vent tube that I would have to connect to a breather tank directly or possible use a 'T-fitting' to the tank with the lifter valley plate connection?
      (yes I did call both Peterson and AVIAID but neither could answer the question about the valve cover)

Thanks for the help.
      69 RS
      LS7, T56 and other cool stuff
      Back on track in late 2020!
      Build Thread

Country Flag: United States
      My ls7 was converted to wetsump and my routing seems to work well now. My routing is as follows: I have a hose ran from my Air intake tube (between the MAF tube and Throttle body) to a tee. One goes to my passenger side valve cover barb and the other goes to the driver side valve cover barb. I have a hose from my valley port to my sealed catch can "In" and the catch can "Out" goes to a barb on the intake. Hope that helps.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com