Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Cars Shows

Cars Shows

Hello, new to the group
      Just interested in doing a few car shows. Pro-Touring maybe hard to define as a class. What do you all enter as? Or, are there shows with a Pro-touring class on the west coast? They don't seem to have a perfect fit for our cars.

Country Flag: United States
      You may have a hard time finding any. It's not really our thing.

We are more about getting out and using them instead of sitting around and showing them.

Years ago we almost started a thing where we would set a cheap beach / lawn chair on fire at event before heading out. LOL!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Hey Larry, my wife and I going to use it for touring all over the west. It was built for driving!
      That said, it would be nice to find a couple shows or meets along the way to get together with other car enthusiasts.

A number of the local car shows around here are fairly small (150-250 cars) depending on the weather. We go in the morning and hang out until early afternoon. Then if we are so inclined we go for a cruise before going home. We aren't looking for trophies just want to get some car yapping in.
      The big shows around here are Back to the 50's in June. Street Machine Nationals in July. Back to the 50's will pull in 12,000 cars. Street Machine Nationals about 7,500. Both are held at the MN state fair grounds. In late August their is a car show in St.Cloud MN that will pull in 600-700 cars and has a big swap/car corral.

Quote Originally Posted by 69 Blk Prl View Post
      Hey Larry, my wife and I going to use it for touring all over the west. It was built for driving!
      That said, it would be nice to find a couple shows or meets along the way to get together with other car enthusiasts.
      Oh that's awesome!! I'm glad to hear the two of you will be out enjoying it.
      Larry Callahan

Wow Larry, I think you may have lost connection with many of your members. Judging by the many pictures of member's cars, were taken at car shows! It was nice to meet you all. Goodbye

Wow Larry, I think you may have lost connection with many of your members. Judging by the many pictures of member's cars, were taken at car shows! It was nice to meet you all. Goodbye
      Not sure why you'd say that. Pro-Touring car shows actually go by the name "Track Day" and that's where quite a lot of the pictures you see here come from. But there's no reason why anyone with a pro-tourer can't go to a regular car show and just enter into an appropriate class for the car they have, like Muscle Cars for a late 60s/early 70s model.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Pro-Touring maybe hard to define as a class. What do you all enter as? .
      Every car show has its own classes and class definition. the only answer is pick the one that applies to you.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Most of the smaller car shows around here don't charge to enter but do ask to bring something for the food shelf either canned stuff or a gift card from one of the local stores.
      Most have gone away from classes/trophies. Too much whining/complaining from folks that think their car is really special and should have got a trophy.

When I go to car shows I bring my "time out dolls" and the 50's car hop trays with plastic food, just to keep the tradition alive!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Don't forget about the tiger tail sticking out the Pontiac trunk lid.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      Don't forget about the tiger tail sticking out the Pontiac trunk lid.

I think that's a dealer tradition,

I think the GTO's had that on the show room floor in the 60's, there's a tiger in the trunk! Have to ask some of the older guys, I was born in he end of the 60's
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

I remember Esso/Exxon put a tiger in your tank, but the only thing ever found in a trunk was a monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtG82HJB2I

2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

The car culture is very much alive and well in our neck of the woods. Some sort of Cars and Coffee, cruise or show most every weekend and even during the week. Each is different so just have to pick the best fit for whatever show you are attending and call it good. I've never seen a specific Pro Touring class at any of the shows.

We very much prefer the Cars and Coffee style and cruising get togethers but still do a good amount of shows. Take every opportunity to get out and enjoy the cars and the culture. Years ago I really cared about the trophies and recognition. Now I just want to enjoy the cars and the company.

'70 Maverick. Prestige Motorsports 347, Tremec TKO600, Currie 9", 3:50 posi, RRS suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I remember Esso/Exxon put a tiger in your tank, but the only thing ever found in a trunk was a monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtG82HJB2I
      Maybe that was what I was thinking of,

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I'd rather have a trunk monkey.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TerryH432,
      You have a couple beautiful cars!!
      Thank you, I will look into Cars and Coffee style events.
      When I posted this question (my first here), I did not think it would be a heckle-fest, just for wanting to show all my hard work to other enthusiasts.

TerryH432,
      You have a couple beautiful cars!!
      Thank you, I will look into Cars and Coffee style events.
      When I posted this question (my first here), I did not think it would be a heckle-fest, just for wanting to show all my hard work to other enthusiasts.
      Thanks! We love both cars but they are very different builds. Do check for Cars and Coffee's in your area. Every one we've been to has been very laid back and informal. Great time to show off your car and check out everyone else's without being in competition. Very much enjoy the atmosphere, cars and the fellowship. Here's a shot of the one we go to the most. This is just part of the cars. There's a parking garage full of cars also.

'70 Maverick. Prestige Motorsports 347, Tremec TKO600, Currie 9", 3:50 posi, RRS suspension

Quote Originally Posted by TerryH432 View Post
      Thanks! We love both cars but they are very different builds. Do check for Cars and Coffee's in your area. Every one we've been to has been very laid back and informal. Great time to show off your car and check out everyone else's without being in competition. Very much enjoy the atmosphere, cars and the fellowship. Here's a shot of the one we go to the most. This is just part of the cars. There's a parking garage full of cars also.

Oh wow!

Where is that? Really huge group.
      Larry Callahan

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com