Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

High Revving SBC parts

I'm looking to build a higher revving SBC for my '71 RS, just something different. Looking for the parts for a build and maybe a cross ram setup too. I have a 6.0 LS and TR6060 but not really what I want to drop in it.

Not looking to make the highest HP but something that will live.
      Wick
      '71 Camaro RS Project

As a guy that used to run 7,200+ RPM small blocks back in the 90's with my dad, the memories in me are rooting for you.

But, also as a guy that got out of motorsports for 20 years and just is getting back in, I would never build another SBC for other than nostalgia reason.

I'm currently bringing a decent SBC back to life beside a buddy that is into LSx engines, and its not even a contest. Assembly, maintenance, cylinder heads, lack of oil leaks... the LS platform is just so much more refined. Not to mention you can build a 500+ HP LS with less money than you will have in high revving SBC valvetrain.

Having said all that, I just sold off a high rev SBC valve train to a young local kid for almost nothing. Roller cam and lifters, rev kit, pushrods, roller rockers, stud girdle, etc. You're to late by about a month and a half. Sorry.

Now you tell me. :D

I know the LS platform is superior but I'm doing this for fun.
      Wick
      '71 Camaro RS Project

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
      Now you tell me. :D

I know the LS platform is superior but I'm doing this for fun.

There is a lot of take off circle track sbc stuff that hits ebay. I can help you put together a combo, I also get deals on Brodix/Dart if you want new. We talked before a while back about it some. If you need help, lmk.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com