Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1st gen camaro door/glass hardware kit? Does it exist?

I’m at the point in my build where I’m about to put all the glass into my car, the front and rear are easy enough but when it comes to the doors there is an overwhelming amount of parts required to do the job correctly.

I am starting with totally empty doors so I need all of the hardware. Window tracks, glass hardware, and of course glass, not to mention power windows.

The glass and power windows I can source easily($$)…but I’m curious if anyone knows of a supplier of an all-inclusive kit(minus glass and power window kit) for everything else you will require in the door?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James
      Name:  IMG_6545.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  414.6 KB

My advice is to purchase nice used window tracks on eBay rather than new repop parts. It’s tough enough getting repop glass to work and seal well without throwing repop tracks into the mix imo. YMMV….

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      My advice is to purchase nice used window tracks on eBay rather than new repop parts. It’s tough enough getting repop glass to work and seal well without throwing repop tracks into the mix imo. YMMV….

Don
      Thanks don, I’ll start hunting some down

I suspect that Don's advice is the best, but I've had decent luck with parts that I've purchased through Heartbeat City, and it looks like they might have complete kits, as you were looking for. Maybe a "Plan B."
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjaroslo View Post
      I suspect that Don's advice is the best, but I've had decent luck with parts that I've purchased through Heartbeat City, and it looks like they might have complete kits, as you were looking for. Maybe a "Plan B."
      Thanks a lot, eBay has come short but I’ve found a guy on marketplace parting out a 69. I’ll be taking a look at it to see if I can use the window parts if they aren’t too far gone. Possibly even the windows if I can remove them(and restore them).
      Failing this I will likely have to revert back to what you mentioned. I’ll check heartbeat though. A full kit will make life so much easier.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com