Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Leaking power steering pump

My power steering pump (which is 1200 miles old) won't stop leaking. I have tried a couple different fittings; I have tried tightening and retightening hoses. is it possible the pump is leaking through the back? or maybe where the reservoir connects to the pump? what are the common leak points for these things?
      Name:  steering pump.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  732.9 KB
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: United States
      Based on the picture, it looks like the seal is not installed correctly. I see seal from about 4 o clock to 12 o clock, but no seal from 12 to 4. To my eye, I should either see seal all the way around, or not see seal all the way around, and from the way it looks the seal has partially blown out.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Must have just been the angle of the photo. I had to go take a second look based on your comment lol. but the cap and snap ring appear to be seated correctly.
      Name:  steering pump 2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  767.8 KB
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: United States
      Get a can of brakleen and hose down the pump, it'll get it completely clean and dry. You'll have a better chance of locating the leak with a fresh start.

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com