Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Dump hydraulic throwout bearing question

I have never had anything with a hydraulic clutch and I have (2) easy questions:
      The throwout bearing has 2 lines coming from it. One goes to the clutch master but where does the other go?

My setup is a Tilton adjustable throwout with the GM Camaro master on a DSE bracket for a 69 Camaro. This clutch master comes with fluid in it so I assume it to be bench bled. The lines both have a rubber cap on them but inside the fitting is a plastic piece, does this plastic piece get removed? I noticed that you can not compress the master so I assume something has the fluid trapped.

Country Flag: United States
      On the tilton the bottom line is from the master cylinder and the top line is your bleeder. This fitting goes in the top line and should have been in the box. https://tiltonracing.com/product/ble...0-series-hrbs/

Which plastic piece are you talking about? On the master cylinder line? If your Master cylinder has an OE line and quick release connector on it that will not work with the Tilton TOB.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Ok, mine did not have the fitting in the box, that makes more sense.

My master does have the OE line. Is there an adapter for the connectors? I actually broke the master & need to buy another so I am not tied to this one. I looked at the TICK (Tilton) one but it appears that the plastic reservoir on the master would interfere with my brake booster.

Country Flag: United States
      If the F body master is broke you just get rid of it now instead of later. You're right, the Tick one probably won't clear the booster, but the Bowler one will and it also uses a Tilton master cylinder that has proven to be a reliable piece.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thank you Donny for the help. Parts ordered...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com