Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

3rd Party Pre-purchase Vehicle Inspections

I'm looking at buying a car in North Carolina and I live in Oklahoma. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having a 3rd party check out a car for them. I bought a Mustang Fastback sight unseen once, and I'd rather not just take the seller's word this time.

Brad Bickers
      '67 Camaro, Blueprint 383/ 700r4

Most PPI companies don’t specialize in classic cars even if they do they are not very thorough by my experience. You are better off finding a local forum member to go check out the car and reimburse them for their time. You can also join a mustang forum and do the same. See if someone lives in the area where the mustang is located and again reimbursing member for their time. Good luck!

You could google car clubs in NC and see if there any are close to the car you are considering. Contact them and see if they could recommend some one for the inspection.
      Or contact the NC street rod Assoc. I belong to MN street rod Assoc. They put out a monthly magazine that has an add section that lists folks that can appraise a car.
      I would not buy a car without looking at it or having inspected.
      I help at a local body shop a couple days a week and "we" are totally repainting a pretty descent 69 Road Runner but it must of been painted in a sand storm. So much crap in the clear coat. Owner bought without any inspection.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com