Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

The New PT Newsletter - Have Your Say on What You Want

As you may have heard (or if not, check your inbox! and then if not.. check your spambox and move it to your inbox ) Our newsletter is being revived!

We've got a lot planned, and with a bigger focus on the Pro-Touring community & industry, we want to get your feedback, to deliver you the newsletter that you want.

Please use this thread to share your ideas of what you'd like to see - from specific stories and content (e.g. articles, events) that might inspire us (and be included) to "types" of content like the most X of Y (e.g. events going on this month, best new build thread on the forum, etc.).

Our aim is to create the type of newsletter that you want to receive, and that you're excited to open & read every month: so tell us what that would be for you!

This is a free newsletter, delivered to your email inbox, and so while we may not be able to include every suggestion, we will read and consider every suggestion posted in this thread (and PMed to Larry - click here to do so if you'd prefer to send in a suggestion in private).

Likewise, the newsletter will be partially supported by (only relevant) sponsorship - so if you would like to become a sponsor of the monthly Pro-Touring.com newsletter, click here to inquire.

So, let us know how we can make the best Pro-Touring newsletter around! (The first edition is coming August 1st!)
      Last edited by ForumSupport; 07-25-2023 at 02:42 AM.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I have been messing with my cars and trucks for over fifty years and have bought many parts from the aftermarket community that just do not work without heavy modification. I AM SICK OF IT! I would like to see a section in the newsletter that helps members with these problems. For example, I paid a reputable speed shop to install EZ EFI 2.0 on my Nova. It threw error codes, Popped and just ran terrible. I took it off. Put the 650 Holley back on and everything works ok again without problems. I have read similar problems with other EFI brand modifications. Another example I put a front disc brake kit on my Nova that was supposed to work with the original drum wheels. IT rubbed and DIDN"T. Sickening. I have read about other examples from installing A/C, Electric fan setups, ETC that fail to work properly after installed. How about a section in the newsletter that could post answers to these aftermarket problems that work. If installing a second battery in the car to isolate the EFI from other electrical noise producing devices, or a bigger alternator, ETC. It would be very helpful to members. Just my two cents. Thanks for listening. I REALLY HATE BLOWING MONEY ON PARTS THAT DO NOT WORK!

I just read the newsletter. Good read from the casual visitor. I have a hobby car but nothing like what is being built on here. I just really like following builds here.

Maybe add a short section highlighting threads on the forum where there's a lot of activity or something important that needs to be seen?

While the theme for the forum and newsletter is pro-touring, I wonder what percentage of the members are hard core pro-touring meaning they are/have built autocross worthy rides and compete with them versus those who just want an older vehicle to ride/corner/brake _better_ than it was... or maybe even as good as a newer car? Maybe a poll has been done, maybe not lately? And with that in mind, maybe one article per month to address both sides of the coin? And maybe it's not always about a member's car, but maybe a facet of a members car? There could also be a technical section that highlights "How-To" stuff. Just spinning ideas that pop into my old brain.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

What about a section dedicated to a more budget friendly mod? Maybe putting a $500-$1000 price tag on it and offering a variety of things that can help with the driving experience.

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

We're looking for ways to implement the suggestions & please: keep them coming!

This month we've combined two of your suggestions - from Mikey97D and OldTimer - and created a "Section Selection" section of the newsletter.

Plus we've added in another brand new section.

Keep your eyes peeled on your inboxes for that: the October 2023 Newsletter is sending out on Oct 3, and it's a special edition too (our first!)
      Larry Callahan

Where to post

Any place for getting started posting build photos etc ? I don’t see any garage or photos on profile other than avatar etc.
      -Paulie
      View my YouTube channel videos;
      https://youtu.be/qN7Cxnw62Y4
      View my build pictures below
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/496elcamino/

Quote Originally Posted by 496elcamino View Post
      Any place for getting started posting build photos etc ? I don’t see any garage or photos on profile other than avatar etc.
      Check out our project updates section. It's pretty popular and a great way to share your project.

Project Updates (pro-touring.com)
      Larry Callahan

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com