Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: project ideas

project ideas

hello all, Im writing this post becuase as of late im in the process of trying to decide on a new project. my last project was cut tragically short due to another driver. my situation is this. I have what i consider to be decently built LM7 5.3, im anticipating around 500hp maybe 550 to the crank. i spent the last 4 months building this engine and upon near completion no longer have a vehicle to drop it in. So im looking for ideas for a new project. This engine was originally built for a c4 corvette, so the accessories drive is set up for that spacing as well as the oil pan. I am getting a considerable insurance payout, the majority of it will go to purchasing a c5 or c6. however i plan on alocating some of it to a project so this engine can have a home. any ideas are welcome.

Ive had thoughts of everything from: dumping it into a cts cadillac and spanking the cts-v. to gutting an svt cobra and dropping it in as a sacreligious tribute to the mustang drivers (wich i was 7 times over). dropping it into a cadillac crx and giving the triailblazer ss a run. as i said any ideas are welcome thank you

Its a LS you could literally drop it in anything. Since your getting a c5/c6, maybe get a truck s10, c10, 1500

Country Flag: United States
      If one could be found, a Pontiac Fiero with the 6 speed transaxle from an Impala would be a lot of fun both as a project and as a driver. You'd wind up with a curb weight around 2800lbs or so, so you'd be looking at around 5-6lb per horse. It would be a fun little handful, like a C cup. Plus, the Fiero was originally designed as a small block V8 car (stupid beancounters killed that idea) so everything will fit.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Country Flag: Canada
      Saturn sky or Pontiac solstice
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      I'd still like to do a TR7 engine swap