Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Push button ignition wiring

Hi,
      I picked up several of the cheap push button RFID ignition for my 68 Camaro but I'm having a batch of a time installing, which is why I have three of them.

No matter what type I use I have the same problem. I will scan the key and make the chip beep once or twice. I get the button to light up, I press button for acc and lights and gages come on. No engine so haven't tested starting. But no matter what I do after a few hours or over night the button will stop blinking, it's just dead. Nothing happens when pressing. It requires me to resync the RFID chip to the antenna and then I still need to mess with it for 20min just to get back to having the button work and ACC turn of lights, but let it sit and I'm doing this all over again..

I was told that I wouldn't need to use the RFID chip in the antenna every time. But even so, it still doesn't turn on after getting the chip to beep.

It's almost like the kit is resetting itself after a period of time and I have to set it up from scratch. This happens with three different kits of different brands. Two use the blue RFID chips, the other uses regular looking key FOB with locks and trunk pop.

So it has to be something with my wiring. I know the kits are cheap but many use them without issue. Having the same problem with three kits tells me it's my fault.

Has anyone used one of these asuccessfully? I'm about to rip my teeth out.

I used one of these kits from EasyGuard. So far it’s been working great. I even disconnect the battery sometimes and I’ve never had to pair or repair the fobs. They came programmed from factory. Check out their website they have a lot of options for buttons and key fobs.

EASYGUARD EC002-HY-NS Smart Key PKE keyless Entry Remote Start Push Start Button Touch Password keypad Shock Warning https://a.co/d/hjs1PI7

What's your battery voltage during all this? Do you have links to the ones you are using? I also use the cheapies with no issues. The wiring is pretty straightforward so not a lot to mess up. LMK.

Alex

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com