Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Ugly shop

Country Flag: United States

Ugly shop

Here’s my 40 X 50 shop. No epoxied floors or glamor here. I’d rather spend on projects and tools. This is as clean as it gets, it’s usually trashed….

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uA9T_hQzpno

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Don,
      I remember when I built my 40 x 70 shop, I said this will be plenty big enough that was over 20yrs ago and it is nowhere close to what I need now . It doesn't help that I built a 66 Nova, 71 C10 and a 68 Camaro that has to share the space as well. Like the old saying goes " Build as much as you can afford". In my case my shop is bigger than my house . I will be moving in about 3 years, and I expect the same wherever I go next.

BB

Nice size shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bowtie View Post
      Don,
      I remember when I built my 40 x 70 shop, I said this will be plenty big enough that was over 20yrs ago and it is nowhere close to what I need now . It doesn't help that I built a 66 Nova, 71 C10 and a 68 Camaro that has to share the space as well. Like the old saying goes " Build as much as you can afford". In my case my shop is bigger than my house . I will be moving in about 3 years, and I expect the same wherever I go next.

BB
      I built a 4 car garage to store projects and completed projects. I also have a 25x50 storage building for part storage. But yes, I wish the shop was bigger. But it came with the house so I make do.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Super nice shop! My garage is only 26x24 so its pretty tight, really impacts my ability to take on more projects, the lack of room. To do large things like engine swaps i have to move a car out to the driveway, consider yourself blessed with that setup.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com