Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 71 Cuda Hellcat

71 Cuda Hellcat

Hey guys this is my 2nd project. It started life as a light blue 318 auto car with white interior. Originally purchased in NJ by a woman. In 83’ she had the car repainted and drove it on an off until 90’s then the car sat. 2nd owner bought the car in 2000 and started doing a mechanical restoration. He completely replaced all of the suspension, brakes, fuel lines, gas tank etc with NOS parts. Bought a 440 and a 727 trans, had it rebuilt and reinstalled everything. I think he recovered the interior seats himself. Then he became ill and had several surgeries etc and never really recovered and the car just sat in his garage in NY for several years until I bought it.

First it needed an attitude adjustment because it looked too much like a granny mobile. So I lowered the car about 2”. I then picked up some used wheels from Facebook marketplace. Bought the chin spoilers and I ordered the go wing (still waiting on mounting bracket). I also ordered the 440 billboard stripe.

What’s the plan? Well for now I’m going to drive it around as is. It runs well and since all the suspension and brakes were replaced it drives ok and is fairly reliable so far. Once I finish my 69 Camaro I will then take this 71 Cuda apart. Im leaning towards the Speedtech frame with IRS. Hellcat engine with tr6060. Not sure about interior yet but those front seats are incredibly uncomfortable because they don’t recline and don’t hold you in place so every turn you have to really hold on.

Once I start taking her apart all the suspension will go in there for sale section so if anyone wants or need something let me know.

First pic is when I bought her.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Very good looking car!

Country Flag: United States
      This should be good!!!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Few cosmetic updates. Billboard graphic which was a pain to put on and the go wing. Love that rear end. Name:  EDD79D21-3336-45BD-A1C5-28EC28D5C112.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  633.8 KBName:  96DCB78B-0DAD-4EE4-81B3-E5E7DA716391.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  644.8 KB

that's the wrong wing for that year car btw.

Lookin' good!

If your floors are in good condition, why do a full frame swap? Then you'll have to fab up floors!

Just get the new Heidt's IRS, and the new AME front clip (they'll come out w/an e-body version soon), some subframe connectors, and you'll be set:

https://www.heidts.com/part/irc-810-...r-and-cuda-irs

https://artmorrison.com/chassis/mopar-k-member/
      • '70 Mercedes 280SL (wife's)
      • '55 Nomad
      • 71 BMW 2800CS
      • '06 Chrysler 300c SRT8 (wife's)

The speedtech frame doesn’t require any floor modification. I’ve tried to reach out to AME several times no one calls me back or answers emails. I have the Heidts IRS for my 69 Camaro it’s a great system wish their front clip had Corvette spindles and not a mustang style geometry.

Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful Cuda, my favorite year (quad headlights)
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      The speedtech frame doesn’t require any floor modification. I’ve tried to reach out to AME several times no one calls me back or answers emails. I have the Heidts IRS for my 69 Camaro it’s a great system wish their front clip had Corvette spindles and not a mustang style geometry.
      PM sent.
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com