Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thinking of switching the coolant temp sensor to passenger rear vs drivers front.

I have a new LS 3 495hp on order. Should be in a few days.
      It’s going into my chevelle and I was wondering if there is anyone that has moved their temp sensor to the passengers side rear on the head. It would be a cleaner install.
      But want to know if it will read hotter since it’s farther away. Looking for real world experience
      Thanks
      Rob

Country Flag: United States
      I run my temp sensor in the passenger side rear of the head. (Ls7 converted to wet sump) No issues with it and don't have a comparison temp but I would think the reading will be slightly higher than at the front of the engine. Possibly a little more accurate?

My LS7 swap my ecm picks up temp at front of driver side head. My old school stewart warner gauges pick it up passenger rear of head.
      My stewart warners consistently read about 5-10 degrees higher than the ecm
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Ok
      So it looks like a ten degree difference between the front and rear. Makes sense I guess
      Thanks for the info guys

The rear is hotter. That's why on my 400 blocks I ran a bypass line front to back on the intake to help balance cylinder temperatures.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com