Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Reputable Shop ?

Are there any reputable shops around Westchester county or northward?...someone that doesnt speak about their ego's for nearly an hour and never calls you back. Felt like a bad date everytime lol

Ive had 4 shops on the phone, personally got invited to see the work they do.... and not one called me back after weeks of waiting on my project. I have a 69 camaro thats built for roadcourse/trackdays and just need a motorswap. I have a 434 Dart Stroker that im selling and want something closer to a 302 ..high revving, built for endurance with a dry sump.

If someone can point me in the right direction, that they have personal experience with would be terrific.

Thank you.

guess there are none.

Are you referring to Wedtchester, NY?

If so, I’ve heard of AI Design in Tuckahoe, NY
      https://www.aidesign.com/

You can also reach out to Gillian, they do top notch upholstery but maybe they know a local shop for mechanical stuff.
      http://www.gillincustomdesign.com/

Yes Westchester,

Thank you for the recommendations. AI design i havent been to but there is a Muscle Car Shop/Mechanic Facility on Marbledale RD. He bragged to me about his work and never called me back after he said he would "Needed to think about the project"

Gillian Customs, i contacted them during the fall time because i wanted my Dashboard covered up with Alcantara for my BMW M3. I even told them the Dashboard was out of the car...just needed the custom work done. They said no ..werent interested in the project and gave me another guys number in northern CT who was wishy washy.

No one wants to work anymore! bottom line.

Once a shop gets busy enough they can pick and choose their projects. I spoke to Gillian about doing a full interior in my car obviously they were very interested. Quoted me $25-$35k 4-6 week turn around. So you can see they wouldn’t be as interested in just recovering a dash for $1k and a weeks time. You should be happy that they were honest and told you flat out they weren’t interested.

I’m in construction and know many scumbag contractors who take on a job just because they need the money now, then get a larger project with more profit and abandon or slow down work on other projects. You wouldn’t want someone to do that to you and keep the dash for 2-4 months while they work on other projects with more profit.

There’s a local hot rod shop that does phenomenal work, I went to them for paint/body for my 69 Camaro. He flat out told me he’s not interested. Said he only wants to work on hot rods no muscle cars.

For your m3 dash I would look on Facebook for a local upholsterer. They will be cheap, get the job done quickly and I think you’ll be satisfied.

As far as your LS swap, if you can’t tackle it yourself, reach out to AI design. I think they’d be interested in the project.

Well said! Thank you.

Country Flag: United States
      Horsepower farm in NH talk to Rick.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com