Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hydraulic Clutch Decision: Bowler vs Mdl

Hey Folks,

I have to order my hydraulic clutch soon to test fitment. I’m looking at either Bowler or Modern driveline. I’ve found good reviews on the Mdl unit, but was wondering if anyone has experience with the Bowler unit. It’s going in a 67 Firebird w/Ls3 and an Rst or Rxt clutch setup.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Bowler because I like the Tilton master cylinder better than the OE plastic one.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

If you are talking about the slave cylinder and throwout bearing and master cylinder the GM setup has a nice dry break in the line. Speedtech has the stuff to make it work in a first gen.

If you want the bowler mastercylinder set up, I have one I'm not going to be using because it didn't work with the larger inner fenders for my Speedtech Extreme subframe I would sell. Its sized to work with the Tilton throwout bearing

Sorry guys, I was talking about the master cylinder setup for a first gen. You can get the Tilton bearing with the Mdl kit as well.

Srode, if it’s the kit for the first gens, I may be interested. Is it this kit? https://shop.bowlertransmissions.com...llet-reservoir

It's the kit Bowler sold me, but it's different than your part number, they may not sell it now. This is a Wilwood system. Doesn't have the billet master cylinder it's plastic but you can change that easily if you want billet. I installed it for mock up but took it off because of the oversized inner fenders being in the way. Let me know if you have any questions.

Name:  PXL_20230321_212417650.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  552.2 KB Name:  PXL_20230321_212424918.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  245.1 KB

I don't think i can pm you due to my new member status, but I am definitely interested.

yeah, you probably need 10 posts and you have 8. Post more maybe. Or I posted and delete my email, you can email me. If you have this post as subscribed that will be in your notifications, didn't want to leave it posted really. If not, you can post yours and delete, i'm subscribed.

I will just throw a couple posts down and get to the magic 10 post threshold haha

I threw my email in and deleted it. I'll look out for an email from you. Thanks

I didn't get the email address in my notification you posted, it just sent a link to your post, different than other boards. Anyway, you have a PM from me.

Hey Srode,

Tried to reply to your pm. I’ve sent the reply twice, still not sure it went through. Let me know if you got anything.
      67 Firebird LS3 Project - in Progress

I got it both times! LOL. responded

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com