Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Sway bar hitting holley a/c bracket

also posted in ls1tech
      any one run into similar issue? Speedtech bar pictured I was looking at for 1968 Camaro with ls3 swap, using 2010 Camaro accessory drive with Holley A/C relocation bracket, shows a wide center drop down cross width area vs the Detroit unit with narrower center section drop down to area.

DETROIT version in use now below, note narrow center drop out section, passenger side upturn contacts A/C bracket at least 1/2 to 5/8” with 1.125 od bar.

Mounting spacers not feasible as bar will contact center support bar connecting crossmembers in F body.

Holey bracket in use schematic shown below.

I am needing approximately 9” max width in sway bar drop down center section, as shown center to center of crank to a/c pulley to clear tensioner bracket.
      Called Detroit Speed, their techs have yet to run into this combo.
      Speedtech had me email them detail to see if can assist.
      Addco said the will work up a drawing to confirm what i want discussed and build np, just curious who has dealt with this and is there a bolt in application out there?

ADDCO to the rescue.
      they were able and willing to modify their 1" perf bar to my specs for a paltry sum, the dims will clear with ease should anyone have a similar build/issue
      all Holley LS swap engine and trans mounts, 2010 Camaro/Truck accessory drive with Holley lower pass A/C relocation bracket.
      Name:  sway pic.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  25.3 KB

That was awesome for them to do that for you.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com