Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1970 OO Judge

I had 295/40/20 on 10" rims on my last Hellcat and still had a bit of bulge. On this one, I used 10.5" rims and same tire and they have perfect flat sides. If you go that route and need a pic let me know. I'm working on a 65 GTO and looking at rims and tires. I may do the 17" Rally 2 wheel running the 9" on front and have the back of the other 2 widened to 11". If you widen the tubs you need more back space anyway, if I can find tires that fill the wheelwell.

Yeah I am still unsure on the wheels and tires. I really wanted a rally 2 style wheel, but the ones with good sizes are just way out of my budget.
      Also if you decide to go with the 17" Rally 2, hit me up, I think my buddy is going to sell the ones he bought in favor of something else. They are new but have been rolled around the garage a few times on them. I have a nice original 4 speed console too for a 65. I sold my 65 but still have a few nice parts.

I also looked long and hard at the wheel tubs on mine. I'd love to run a super fat tire in the back, but I just can't bring myself to cut up a real Judge for that. I considered selling the judge and using something else like a regular GTO or Lemans to build. Offered it up to a couple people I thought might be interested, but they just weren't willing to pay what I think it's worth. I've also had the car since like 1984, so it is a car I've been thinking about for 38 years.

Ok. I almost finished the outer wheelhouse and partial quarter panel replacement. Time to start moving forward. As I mentioned earlier, I picked up a 2012 Corvette with an LS3. I've been looking at motor mounts and swap kits. Anyone have any recommendations? Some of these (for example Sikky) can be pretty pricey. Others, like a Hooker headers kit, are not too bad priced. Anything special I should be looking out for or to be careful of? I'm still not 100% sure on the trans yet, but it's looking like a TKX is at the top of the list. I super don't want to modify the tunnel, but unless I run an old 4 speed I'm not sure I can avoid it.
      Name:  IMG_20230604_181554809.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  198.0 KB

Holley clamshell motor mounts and transmission crossmember, speed engineering headers

Thanks I will take a look.

Does anyone know if I will be able to use the oil pan that is on the LS3 I bought, in my 70 GTO? I don't have the engine out of the Corvette yet so I don't know what all I will need. It's a 2012 Vette if it makes a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com