Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I think you should also list this in the parts section. List every individual part you have and then put a disclaimer at the bottom that says "parts not sold individually, they only come with the purchase of the car."
      Greg

Quote Originally Posted by garickman View Post
      I think you should also list this in the parts section. List every individual part you have and then put a disclaimer at the bottom that says "parts not sold individually, they only come with the purchase of the car."
      That’s a great idea.

If the wise guy thinks you can make money of selling a 69 camaro with all DSE parts at that price🤦*♂️
      Maybe that’s why he has CPP, TCI and an LS1.

Country Flag: New Zealand
      wow has this got a ls3 and dse?....

Quote Originally Posted by Gmc427 View Post
      wow has this got a ls3 and dse?....
      Yes, this has all DSE suspension and LS3 included.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccarcustoms View Post
      Yes, this has all DSE suspension and LS3 included.
      Man, not sure why these guys are so irritated. A lot of guys aren't able to do metal work, but they can do the assembly. A starting point like this would be a bargain and a great head start on getting something that is a finished product in a lot less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Senek67RS View Post
      Man, not sure why these guys are so irritated. A lot of guys aren't able to do metal work, but they can do the assembly. A starting point like this would be a bargain and a great head start on getting something that is a finished product in a lot less time.
      I have no idea why!.
      Okay yes, I build a lot of the same platforms. If you think you can make money selling cars with these parts at any stage along the way you're mistaken.
      Lets just say you find a junk roller 69-15K
      DSE coated complete sub frame-------10K and wait time.
      DSE quadra link rear suspension-------3,700 and wait time.
      DSE mini tubs---------------------------500. Plus 3k labor to install.
      DSE HD leaf spring pockets----------- 500. Plus $800 to install.
      DSE sub frame connectors -------------300.
      Moser narrowed rear end, axles,
      3rd member ----------------------------4,800.
      DSE brake booster, master-------------800
      DSE firewall clutch firewall bracket----60. Plus $200 weld it in.
      IDIT tilt column-------------------------1,100.
      IDIDT floor brace-----------------------200. Well into smooth firewall $300
      Vintage Air -----------------------------1,400. Mock up and mount to smooth firewall $300.
      Ring brother hood hinges---------------800.
      Ring brother trunk hinges---------------600.
      DSE engine mount kit-------------------500
      Smooth firewall kit----------------------600. $800 to install
      Speed Tech extreme trans tunnel kit---400. $600 to install
      Body work and paint loose parts-------4,000
      USED LS3--------------------------------5,800
      NEW TR6060-----------------------------4,000
      KinDig it laid back spoiler----------------1,000
      Ring brother hides wiper kit--------------700
      DSE trunk close out panels---------------60. $400 install
      DSE Solid body bushing------------------200
      Holley oil pan-----------------------------400
      American Auto wire kit-------------------600

So that's $58,520 in parts and body.
      $6,400 in labor on the cheap side.....
      Also about a year to a year and half head start..... No money to be made on high end builds. If you want to run CPP and TCI and 5.3L (LS swap) you might make money.

1969 camaro DSE subframe, DSE Quadra link and more.

Just received more parts.

-Clayton machine billet pedals.
      -Narrowed gas tank for mini tubs and 340 fuel pump.
      -Speed tech clutch master cylinder kit.
      -Dakota Digital RTX gauges.
      -New GM gauge bezel.
      -DSE trunk access fuel tank door.
      -Factory GM power window door boost. Installed.

OFF THE MARKET.

Quote Originally Posted by Cop Magnet View Post
      Well, these become many-paged threads that dominate the top of the forum because of all the updates. Which is fine, but there is a project updates forum just for that. OP is abusing the for sale section by doing a hybrid build thread that happens to be always for sale.

Mods should move this to the project updates, and when it is really ready to sell happy to see OP post it here.
      As slow as this for sale forum is, I appreciate the man providing content, great cars and fair prices. I sure liked looking at the Hugger Orange '69 he had a couple years ago. I really wanted that jewel.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

Country Flag: Canada
      These guys need to start a car build and see what it costs to get all of this stuff installed, fabricated and patience for parts to come in before they criticize someone. GLWTS

That’s a great idea.

If the wise guy thinks you can make money of selling a 69 camaro with all DSE parts at that price��*♂️
      Maybe that’s why he has CPP, TCI and an LS1.
      I'd be careful. The TCI guys actually track their cars. Just cause something cost more dosnt mean better. Do you actually track your cars or just build cars that "can" be tracked? As much as I support your right to add whatever you want to your for sale ad you're coming off kind of pompous. What can you tell me about the differences between DSE and TCI in regards to their performance? Or do you think DSE is better just because it costs more?

Quote Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
      I'd be careful. The TCI guys actually track their cars. Just cause something cost more dosnt mean better. Do you actually track your cars or just build cars that "can" be tracked? As much as I support your right to add whatever you want to your for sale ad you're coming off kind of pompous. What can you tell me about the differences between DSE and TCI in regards to their performance? Or do you think DSE is better just because it costs more?
      Be careful?
      Never said "just because it cost more its better". This post was not started to get into what's better and why. I just find it so funny I see all these post that "NO MONEY spared" and it has stock sub frame with ride tech bolt on, no sub frame connectors, CPP single piston brakes, LS (5.3). . That was all my comment was for.....
      If you want to go for a "track " ride in both DSE and TCI come on out. I have both installed in many 1st gens. If you want ridetech, got that as well. That way you can compare for yourself since I don't know anything...

All im saying is take the high road. No need to bash other peoples builds. He never bashed yours. Only made a comment about your "adding to a for sale thread". We all have room for improvement. For some it may be parts for you it maybe, let's say welding ability. Just cause you have better parts doesn't speak to your ability to actually build a car, just your ability to pay for parts. I'd say good luck but I don't think you'll need it.

I agree, this is a build thread located in the FS section. I dont know why these keep being allowed in this section. Nice builds, move them to the right forum. Once its done, sell it on the FS section.

But it's for sale. The man (Eric) explained that already. This way someone can buy at any stage and put their own touches on it. You guys let the small stuff get to you. If you don't like it, don't click on his threads. Haters gonna hate.

Geez.

The man's had more badass cars than most can dream of. I appreciate his threads.

1969 camaro DSE subframe, DSE Quadra link and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tictakman View Post
      I agree, this is a build thread located in the FS section. I dont know why these keep being allowed in this section. Nice builds, move them to the right forum. Once its done, sell it on the FS section.
      Just FYI
      It was “FS”. Lol
      So it’s in the wrong section? ????
      Just because I don’t stop, like most people. I keep moving forward on the build. Because most the haters say”if it had this, if it was this” I would buy it…. Lol…

Just FYI
      It was “FS”. Lol
      So it’s in the wrong section? ????
      Just because I don’t stop, like most people. I keep moving forward on the build. Because most the haters say”if it had this, if it was this” I would buy it…. Lol…
      I love your posts. It is very rare to see cars of this quality for sale and know that likely it could be bought with just a few more things done that you aren't comfortable doing yourself. Its like being able to pick at what point of being finished you would like before you bring it home to finish it. I don't get the haters. I have spoken to you in the past about a car. It seems like these cars are always genuinely for sale with no games and if they don't sell as a project you always finish them and they always seem to sell then.

This "For Sale-Cars" section would be much less interesting without your cars over the years. Ignore the haters, I guess they are just jealous? Keep up the great work!

How much?

This says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by markaaron80 View Post
      But it's for sale. The man (Eric) explained that already. This way someone can buy at any stage and put their own touches on it. You guys let the small stuff get to you. If you don't like it, don't click on his threads. Haters gonna hate.

Geez.

The man's had more badass cars than most can dream of. I appreciate his threads.
      Sounds like envy from some of those people to me.
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Have you ever done something like this with a second gen Camaro?

Quote Originally Posted by Why Try View Post
      Have you ever done something like this with a second gen Camaro?
      Yes, I have done a orange and white 70.5 and a 71 blue and white.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com