Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Wheel/rear end

Wheel/rear end

I'm curious how most guys go about this. I am going to be doing a 70 GTO and I will be most likely putting a 9" Ford rear, and I'm hoping for 305/30/20 tires for the back. I have to do the outer wheel house and quarters on the car, so I thought it might be a good time to massage that outer wheel house to accommodate a bit larger tire. So do you pick the wheels you like first, or do you get the rear first and get the wheels that will work with it? Seems like I can get a rear in pretty much whatever length I want, but wheels maybe only a few backspacing options?

Country Flag: United States
      If the wheels you want are only available in a few different back spacing arrangements (assuming 1pc cast wheel), then I would order wheels & tires first.. Set them in there, measure the distance between mounting surfaces and order a rear axle.

I typically do the opposite, but that's when using custom wheels.

-Dale
      Pro Touring Store: Your parts source for all things Pro Touring! We have the best prices & service from suspension, to crate engine packages, to billet accessories and much more!
      www.ProTouringStore.com
      (Not affiliated with Pro-Touring.com)

Yeah I just called about some custom Rally II wheels in 3 piece. $14,000 is a bit outside of the budget!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com