Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Motor Mounts

Motor Mounts

Should motor mounts be replaced over time? I have a 69 Camaro with stock motor mounts I installed probably 25+ years ago, if so should I go with stock or the polyurethane mounts?

Country Flag: United States
      Over time, rubber will crack. I would inspect the ones you have & if they're cracked you should replace them.
      I like poly mounts myself.. The rubber ones are fine for stock engines or daily drivers. Poly holds up more especially if you have higher torque and/or traction.

-Dale
      Pro Touring Store: Your parts source for all things Pro Touring! We have the best prices & service from suspension, to crate engine packages, to billet accessories and much more!
      www.ProTouringStore.com
      (Not affiliated with Pro-Touring.com)

I installed some poly mounts recently from Summit and they worked well. I did it when I was replacing the engine. One tip for you if you decide to do it. Drill out the holes a tad bit larger so you don't have to wrestle with them for several hours like I did.

Below are the ones I installed:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...maro/year/1969

Is there a difference in vibration with those motor mounts?, I know urethane is stiffer

Everything is nice and tight, no motor movement or vibration that I can see.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com