Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Mounting LSA Intercooler Pump - 69 Camaro

Hi everyone - can anyone share pictures or ideas of where y誕ll are mounting your LSA supercharger intercooler pumps on a 1st Gen Camaro? Trying to get ideas since I知 running out of real estate given I知 running both a power steering and engine cooler in the front along with a Vintage Air system.

Thanks!

I've got an LT4 build going on now. I would suggest simply looking for available real estate, depends if you have a reservoir to plumb near as well. Pump location can be quite flexible though... Look up V8 Speed and Resto shop for their LT4 builds if you want some good pictures.

Take a look at my build, page 12 post 222. I used the stock zl1 intercooler pump and stock hoses. I flipped the zl1 intercooler pump bracket. You want that pump to be as low as possible.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Skills/page12

I am at the same point and decided to mount it low on the passenger side of the core support. I am also putting an expansion tank directly above as a fill point, then using the push lock adapter that fits on the front of the lid that LSX Innovations makes that also has a small fill cap to ensure I can get all of the air out of the system.

Country Flag: United States
      Sweet a$$ Camaro!! where did you get that bracket from? Looks custom made?

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet a$$ Camaro!! where did you get that bracket from? Looks custom made?

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Take a look at my build, page 12 post 222. I used the stock zl1 intercooler pump and stock hoses. I flipped the zl1 intercooler pump bracket. You want that pump to be as low as possible.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Skills/page12

It’s the stock ZL-1 12-15 intercooler pump bracket.

I built a new hood latch support and mounted it on that. It's about as low as you can get it.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      I built a new hood latch support and mounted it on that. It's about as low as you can get it.

Looks sweet and great idea! No issues with the heat exchanger, in terms of clearance?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com