Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: II Much Fab

II Much Fab

Are they still in business? I ordered from them in October I think or maybe September. I think I gave them a call towards the end of September to see if the product I ordered had came off backorder like it said it should have on their site. I’ve been using a looped hose for the fuel vent and the look of it is killing me. Regardless I got a call from him like a week after I tried to contact the first time and I was at work so I couldn’t talk and asked if I could call back. He said he would call me back later which he never did and I really didn’t think anything of it. I’ve tried to contact them a couple of times since and not too excessively I think with no contact. I spent over 400 bucks and I’m beginning to worry I will ever see my product. Did I miss something sayin they’ve shut down somewhere?

Thank ya!

Nick

Country Flag: United States
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

II Much Fab

Quote Originally Posted by Bron68stang View Post
      Are they still in business? I ordered from them in October I think or maybe September. I think I gave them a call towards the end of September to see if the product I ordered had came off backorder like it said it should have on their site. I’ve been using a looped hose for the fuel vent and the look of it is killing me. Regardless I got a call from him like a week after I tried to contact the first time and I was at work so I couldn’t talk and asked if I could call back. He said he would call me back later which he never did and I really didn’t think anything of it. I’ve tried to contact them a couple of times since and not too excessively I think with no contact. I spent over 400 bucks and I’m beginning to worry I will ever see my product. Did I miss something sayin they’ve shut down somewhere?

Thank ya!

Nick
      Not sure but no FB post since 8/21. Is call your CC and get your money back

Edit: seen above post. No post about delays, products saying in stock when not, can’t spend a day replying back to emails.

I would definitely get my money back.

Not to bash anyone and maybe all of this is true, but here is my story, I ordered one of his fuel tank vent canisters and got the run around for months. Now granted some of this was during the covid PLANdemic. So at first I was told the border was closed and he couldn't sends packages to the US, but mine was sitting on a shelf just waiting for the border to open so he could mail it. So I waited another few weeks, checked government websites, and none said that the border was closed so I called again, at which point I was told his wife had covid and he would be shut down for 2+ weeks to care for her and my order was still sitting on his desk, but he would try to get it sent out. I waited another 2 weeks and called again, be aware it takes several attempts to get ahold of him, calls and emails, this time I was told that HE had covid now and that things were further delayed, he was looking for extra help, couldn't find anyone, does all the work himself, blah blah blah, my order was still ready for shipment. He was always good about giving quick answers and getting you off the phone as quickly as possible. By now its been around 3.5 months since I placed the order but I have other things going on so I kind of forget about it. One day I see a post on here about someone selling one and it jogs my memory, so I call him, probably 3-4 weeks after our last conversation, he starts to give me the same run around story run that I've heard for months, so I stop him mid story and tell him to cut the BS and that he's been feeding me that same story for too long and I just want the parts I've paid for. He than told me my shipment actually went out the day before and I should receive tracking info once it crosses the border into the US and than hung up on me. I never received tracking info, but about a week later the vent finally did show up.

All in all, the vent does look like a nice piece, but would I order from him again? Most likely no.
      Would I recommend a buddy to order from him? Most likely no.

Maybe if he could prove that items listed as "In stock" were truly in stock and shipping were reasonably prompt it could change my opinion.

I get it, not everyone can be Amazon and have packages on my door 24 hours after I place an order, but as of now, if I need something like this in the future, I will look for other solutions.

And seeing the multiple posts and replies to said posts just shows that I wasn't the only one and that others are going through the same frustrations.

I placed my order two days ago and surely don’t want to wait for months to get their vent system for fuel tank. I am not sure if it is in backorder or not because it does not say anything about in their website.

Unfortunately, the website does not show the status of the order whether it is being processed or not.

It is really an expensive item and hope will not take months to get it shipped. My order no is 3201. Sent an email yesterday, and hopefully I get a reply.
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

I placed an order in August of last year. I've followed up 4 times including today. I've only gotten a response once, and was told it would be shipped in 2 weeks, that was in October of last year. We're running a new fuel system in the car and I need the parts now - his website says the parts are in stock and he's shipping back orders first. I'm hoping mine is on the list, but this lack of communication is frustrating as hell... John if you're reading this forum my order number is 3121 - PM me with some info please or check your voice mail and call me back.

Damn, I am 3172 so I am well behind you... I was also of the impression that they were supposed to be shipping a few months back but have nothing along with no communication.

I ordered one of the “new” ones along with an airport back during black friday 2021. I initially understood that there might be a delay. I had to send him some messages to get the airport that was “in stock”. I eventually got the airport but never received a couple of extra fittings I ordered also. I got a refund after waiting over a year (for the vent), it took two weeks to get it after he said he sent it. Cut your losses and get a refund. I would look at one of Brian Finch’s vents.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I ordered one of the “new” ones along with an airport back during black friday 2021. I initially understood that there might be a delay. I had to send him some messages to get the airport that was “in stock”. I eventually got the airport but never received a couple of extra fittings I ordered also. I got a refund after waiting over a year (for the vent), it took two weeks to get it after he said he sent it. Cut your losses and get a refund. I would look at one of Brian Finch’s vents.
      Chris, thanks do you have a link for Brian Finch?

I totally get supply chain issues, but not communicating with your customers is just bullsh!t.

Thanks for the info... i'll check it out and reach out to Brian. I appreciate it!

-Chuck

Please post what you find on the finch system, I'm thinking about going that route as well.

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      Please post what you find on the finch system, I'm thinking about going that route as well.
      Will do, sent him an email last night.
      1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Rally Sport Type LT, SBC w/CNP, 4L85e, Global West/DSE/Viking/Wilwood

John and I talked and my order has shipped with a confirmation number. I was able to reach him through the chat on the website. I’ll post back when I get the parts.
      1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Rally Sport Type LT, SBC w/CNP, 4L85e, Global West/DSE/Viking/Wilwood

The vent came in last week, and holy ***** what a nice piece it is...

Name:  IMG_2323.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  76.5 KBName:  IMG_2324.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  72.8 KBName:  IMG_2322.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  64.3 KBName:  IMG_2321.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  70.4 KB

I know I waited a long time for it to come in, but I am definitely very pleased with the quality!

well that's good to see. Liked the product and have wanted to put in an order but have been watching this thread and was not getting a good feeling about it.

That looks like a new version? Don't see it listed on his website?

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      That looks like a new version? Don't see it listed on his website?
      Last time I talked with John about a year ago he was working on a new version of the vent in stainless steel to be 100% compatible with high ethanol content regardless of environmental conditions. After the recall issue with the original vents because of the adhesive used and its temperature sensitivity he was in full paranoia / CYA mode-- and I can't blame him because his products involve running fuel lines in and out of the trunk or passenger compartment so a failure can be catastrophic or even deadly. He has always been worried about long term durability of the aluminum vents if they sat for a long time with E85-E98 in them, as high ethanol content can easily corrode aluminum given certain conditions.

Looks like what you just received is the new stainless version, and it looks fantastic.

Regarding the long wait time... I love talking to John, he has a lot of good information and he's a great dude, but he has a lot going on behind the scenes and sometimes the web store and orders can get neglected or missed. I've had to follow up with him a few times when orders stretched out many months with no emails regarding status. I've always received what I ordered, but it often took an email and phone call and a wait to get it. Great products and worth it though. I wouldn't doubt part of your delay was production times and scheduling on the new version.
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown353 View Post
      Last time I talked with John about a year ago he was working on a new version of the vent in stainless steel to be 100% compatible with high ethanol content regardless of environmental conditions. After the recall issue with the original vents because of the adhesive used and its temperature sensitivity he was in full paranoia / CYA mode-- and I can't blame him because his products involve running fuel lines in and out of the trunk or passenger compartment so a failure can be catastrophic or even deadly. He has always been worried about long term durability of the aluminum vents if they sat for a long time with E85-E98 in them, as high ethanol content can easily corrode aluminum given certain conditions.

Looks like what you just received is the new stainless version, and it looks fantastic.

Regarding the long wait time... I love talking to John, he has a lot of good information and he's a great dude, but he has a lot going on behind the scenes and sometimes the web store and orders can get neglected or missed. I've had to follow up with him a few times when orders stretched out many months with no emails regarding status. I've always received what I ordered, but it often took an email and phone call and a wait to get it. Great products and worth it though. I wouldn't doubt part of your delay was production times and scheduling on the new version.
      Agreed, he and I have had several conversations and no doubt he knows his stuff. I can’t blame him for wanting to be sure the durability will be there. Hate that it took so long, but after talking to him and understanding what was going on, I can see why. Glad I took a chance and didn’t cancel. I’ll be using this on my next build as well (1967 Mustang that I’ve owned since high school - 40+ years now)

P.S. I found the best way to reach him was via the chat on the website.

Mine is 51 orders behind yours. Hopefully it will show up before too much longer...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com