Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Is there a way to modify parameters in a GM Door module?

I know this is a long shot but my build is using the complete canbus from a 2013 ZL1 including the window control modules in the doors. The 5th gen camaro windows are shorter than 69 Camaro windows so I need to increase the travel duration for them to work properly. Its software...there must be a way to modify it.

I'm not familiar with the 2013 ZL1 window control modules but normally the window control modules sense the increase in window motor current when the window hits the window stops so it doesn't matter if the windows are different sizes. Are you seeing something different?

The camaro's utilize an express close and open function that requires the computer to learn where full open and full close is when the battery is unhooked. The computer expects the two values to be within a set parameter so it knows if a window regulator is broken it stops trying to open or close. Theres an encoder withing the motor to read the amount of travel and if the travel exceeds the expected amount it errors out and defaults to factory setting. my windows will only roll up 3/4 of the way and stop short. This module is required to be present on the canbus for the computer to see when the door is opened or shut which in turn allows the door locks to operate properly as well.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com