Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Older Baer Brakes replacement part numbers

Hello been out of it a while and getting my chevelle running again. I am finding that a lot of parts are no longer available or difficult to get for an early 2000’s Baer kits I installed. When calling them up they recommend talking to an older guy to see if they have any of the older parts in stock. I was getting feeling they want me to replace everything with new stuff although this car has about 1000 miles on the original set and just sat for 20 years.

Does anyone know of any sources for older part numbers or GM replacement parts? I have the 2 piston 13 inch track kit (Baer said PBR is out of business) I would like to rebuild the calipers but also know where to get a spare. Same with rotors. The blacks are 12 inch with a single piston pbr and e break which looks like they sell but I was told no. I just pulled the back rotors and they are a 10097654 pn which comes up 2000’s c4 corvette. Amazingly other than dusty the rotors have practically zero flash rust on the faces from sitting all this time.

if anyone has any references for these older systems please let me know. I would hate to buy new because I would just have to sell this so somebody would have more questions or no support for replacement.

I am moving more to a drag racing set up (and hydro boost now that I am older and will be letting the kids drive it) and feel these would be more than adequate.

big thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Aren’t the old Baer stuff C4 (88-96) corvette calipers and rotors?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

I'm no help on the rotors but I know the rear calipers on the setup you most likely have are from a 93-97 Camaro. The front calipers might be either a Corvette or a 94-04 Mustang Cobra application. Measuring the diameter of the pistons might help with ID'ing them.

Todd Z.

Country Flag: Australia
      The PBR brake parts that you are looking for probably came from an Australian Holden as PBR started in Australia.
      The year / models that you would be looking at is the 1998 - 2000 VT commodore
      2000- 2002 VX ,2002- 2004 VY 2004 - 2007 VZ .
      From memory we owned a Holden VT SS that had dual piston front PBR calipers.
      Also to help some of these where exported and rebadged as a Pontiac G8…
      And with the AU $ the way it is it would be nearly half your US$.
      Hope this helps

I’m not sure if you’ve figured this out, but I was able to easily source replacement parts for my early 2000’s 13” Baer Track system. Mine is a 1st Gen F-body kit, but I believe it’s identical to the A-body kits. The pads are the D412 type that can be bought from many manufacturers. Baer had my rotors in stock, and are the same ones they use in their “classic” kits. 6910084 and 6920084 are the ones I got. These are also the same rotors they use on current systems such as their 13” Track4 systems.

Unless I’m missing something, you should have no problem getting front brake parts. While PBR is out of business, I believe the calipers are C4 Vette or Mustang Cobra. I can’t help on the rears, but Baer is known for using OEM parts in their kits.
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com