Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Having a whale of a time finding a Wilwood MC Fitting

I have this MC I'm installing to replace an old one for the hydraulic clutch for my T-56 magnum, which has a 3AN male (hose side) to 7/16x20 inverted flare (MC side) for the fitting on the end. It didn't come with any adapter for this fitting.
      https://www.amazon.com/Wilwood-260-1...ot_top?ie=UTF8
      Name:  31LKNukTOcL._AC_.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  10.3 KB

I've ordered a number of fittings, but none of them seem to be long enough. Example below (forget the washer). The inverted flare side is about 1/4" short and it bottoms out on the hex part before the tapered edge mates against the MC. I've scoured the web but can't seem to find one that's extra long on the inverted flare side. Anyone have a link to the right adapter?
      https://www.jegs.com/i/Wilwood/950/220-14204/10002/-1
      Name:  950-220-14204.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  13.9 KB

I'm at the point where I probably just need to buy some hex and cut something on my lathe. Brass is way too expensive ($40 for a 12" piece), and I'd rather not use stainless. Would aluminum hold the pressure? I noticed Wilwood does have some aluminum fittings they sell on their site.

Call Orme brothers, 877-676-3277. They make a lot of the speciality fittings for Wilwood products, like the 9/16 to 3/8-24 IF for connecting a stock GM rear line to a Wilwood master or proportioning valve.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Thank you. I'll give them a call! I (a novice) could probably turn it on my lathe but at some point I've gotta ask myself what is the opportunity cost.

On an unrelated note, that's a really sweet Cuda. One of these days I hope to own one (also, FYI, the site in your profile doesn't appear to be working).

Have you called Wilwood? They were extremely helpful, had the fittings I needed, and were happy to overcharge for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      Have you called Wilwood? They were extremely helpful, had the fittings I needed, and were happy to overcharge for them.
      Ha, yeah, that's the conundrum. By the time I buy the fitting and get it shipped, I probably could have turned it on the lathe. Decisions, decisions.

The 7/16-20 thread is for the reservoir and isn’t a flare fitting. At least that’s what I see on the Wilwood spec sheet. They show the reservoir which has a simple 7/16-20 adapter.
      https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...emno=260-15091
      https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...emno=260-12696

The outlet side is 3/8-24 inverted flare.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      The 7/16-20 thread is for the reservoir and isn’t a flare fitting. At least that’s what I see on the Wilwood spec sheet. They show the reservoir which has a simple 7/16-20 adapter.
      https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...emno=260-15091
      https://www.wilwood.com/mastercylind...emno=260-12696

The outlet side is 3/8-24 inverted flare.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Don
      Oh, wow, I think you're right. The "inlet" comes from the reservoir. I think my old MC, which was s different configuration, had them the other way around.

So on the 7/16x20 outlet, do I just use an adapter with a metal washer like in my first post? I already have one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMuseum View Post
      Oh, wow, I think you're right. The "inlet" comes from the reservoir. I think my old MC, which was s different configuration, had them the other way around.

So on the 7/16x20 outlet, do I just use an adapter with a metal washer like in my first post? I already have one of those.
      That connection doesn’t have any pressure so it should work. Maybe some thread sealant rated for brake fluid would be a good idea.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Use fittings with o-rings. I am using same MC on my build. I used -4 AN with O-ring for reservoir side and pressure inlet. Standard fitting is not long enough to mate to inverted flair on pressure inlet side unless you use the adapter that came with MC. I didnt want to use adapter, so I went with fitting with o-ring to seal.

Country Flag: Canada
      its an oring fitting. ORB. the factory fitting is some times a 90 with a o ring, washer and nut, so you can jam the nut after the 90 is pointed how you need it.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Btw, just wanted to bump this with a solution as opposed to a problem. Ha. On the fitting that comes out of the low pressure side the hydraboost, I ended up buying and using some ($$$) loctite which is suitable for hydralic fittings.. I think it cost about $25 for a tiny bottle, but it worked.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com