Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need a clutch for a L96 6.0 and TKO 600

I am in the market for clutch setup for my C10. I have a L96 6.0 from a 2500 van and will be mating a TKO600 5 speed to it. I need recommendations on a clutch, and fly wheel to use. This will just be a fun street cruiser truck with no power adders or anything. Might throw a cam and intake in someday but nothing crazy. I also will need a pilot bearing as well. Seems there are 2-3 part numbers for the pilot bearing. I can not measure my crank opening yet due to the engine being on and engine stand and can't get calipers in there to measure.

Also, the engine and trans came with the Red Lakewood belhousing. I need to research this and make sure it will work and decide if I need a different bell housing.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Country Flag: United States
      Don't know if it would help you to contact Tremec to see what they would recommend or give you parameters on what clutch to look for?

If it takes stock LS style clutch setup, I would HIGHLY recommend going with an LS7 clutch setup, they're made by LUK, and are a great setup. I have one behind my cammed LQ4 and haven't been let down at all by it. I'm using a stock GTO style slave cylinder and throwout bearing, braided AN-4 lines from speedway motors, Tick remote bleeder, and Tilton 75 master cylinder.

If you do go with this setup, keep in mind it has some springs free floating in the pressure plate that will make you loose your mind looking for something broken if you rotate the engine over by hand. This is what it sounds like, I was all set to start tearing the motor down till I found this.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FUE...usp=share_link
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

LS7 is a good option, you can also contact bowler transmissions who sell 1000s of transmissions and ask what they recommend

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com