Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation that you're in. Try seeing if this place can help you out, not too far from your location.
      https://www.amdinstallation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by slazisme View Post
      Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation that you're in. Try seeing if this place can help you out, not too far from your location.
      https://www.amdinstallation.com/
      I checked with them a short while ago when they lost their body guy. They are booked a year out.

I called some shops yesterday and most can take a car on such short notice due to space. The good news is I talked to a shop that said they would be willing to help me out. Sounded like a good guy and has pretty good reviews online. Going to go to his shop today and see if we can get together. Hopefully I can put "FAULK'S CLASSIC CAR REPAIR" behind me. Fingers crossed!
      Tim

68' Convertible Camaro SS (eventually PT)

Country Flag: United States
      You are probably doing the right thing. You were already unhappy and nothing was going to change that.

Out of curiosity, is this the wheel well that you said looked fine?

Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

That is my car. And remember I said I am not a body guy, and my issue wasn't that he wanted to replace it, it was the time he is billing to do it. As well as the pissed off defensive reaction when I asked. Just to remove that one wheel well by itself was 7.36 hours.
      Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timuh60 View Post
      In the long run you may be right. But in the short term I am really in a bind. With 1.5 weeks to get something figured out and get everything out of there it is hard to be happy about it now. Finding a good shop that can and will take on this in such short notice is proving very hard.
      I would find a storage place to put everything vs rushing to get it into a shop and perhaps get into the same position again.

Well, I was able to get in contact with a good shop in the area that really wanted to help me out after hearing about my predicament. He helped me get my car and all my parts from the original shop. It was a lot of stuff. Took 2 trucks, a trailer, and a Uhaul to get it all to his shop. I think it worked out for the better as I feel the new guy is very honest and really got me out of a bind. So far so good. Still got a ways to go.
      Tim

Pretty ****ty deal for a shop to basically overcharge you to fund the new guy's on the job training. I hope it works out with the new shop.

Crappy situation.

Stories like this are why I coated my rust bubbles with Fluid Film, to delay the inevitable body shop jail. Or at least till I can retire and learn to do it myself...

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com