Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel pump recommendations

Looks like I'm getting ready to swap out another Walbro 255 pump. It's gotten extremely noisy and I'm noticing my afr is starting to rise in the upper rpms.

It's an in-tank pump in Tanks Inc setup w/ baffled sump, so the pump stays submerged and I don't run it dry. I don't think it's a chinese knockoff as it came straight from Tanks.

Thinking about trying DeatschWerks pump, wondering if anyone has tried them or know of a better alternative?
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I would get with Carl at vaporworx and ask him about a pump that would work with one of his pwm controllers. That way your pump isn’t running max speed all the time. That is what degrades pump reliability.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Don already posted the correct answer.

If you don't want to go that route, I like the deatschwerks pump. My Camaro had the tanks setup in it with the Walbro and it was bonkers loud and drove me nuts, replaced with the DW pump and could barely hear it prime anymore.

Now it has 5th gen Camaro module and a vaporworks controller.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thank you guys, greatly appreciate the reply and info!
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Looks like I'm getting ready to swap out another Walbro 255 pump. It's gotten extremely noisy ............
      Yep, did that three times in mine. I did not trust driving the car. It's what started vaporworx.

Give me a call if you would like to discuss options, but here's some information that may be helpful:

10-part series on how fuel systems work: https://www.vaporworx.com/resources/

Tearing apart the best bang-for-the-buck fuel pumping system on earth, the Gen5 ZL1 fuel module. https://youtu.be/bclAKbGpdxo
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Go with a vaporworx setup. I had a Bosch 044 pump go bad on power tour and many suggested the vaporworx. I didn’t listen and dealt with other options for several more years. I swapped to the vaporworx 2 years ago and regret not doing it sooner. Aside from it being a great product, Carl is fantastic to deal with.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com