Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Whats everyone working on?

Hello from the Northeast (Upstate NY)!

As winter is approaching, thinking it might be a nice idea to share resources and talents going forward to keep our projects going.

Kinda like crowd sourcing labor and talents. I'm good at turning wrenches and body and paint.

Whats everyone working on?
      Bill

75 Chevelle Malibu
      Garage Build
      Instagram @BK75

I'll try to get this started. I just finished upgrading the front brakes on my pro-touring Ttype. Baer made me a 12" rotor set up to fit their ss4+ set up that typically comes with 10.75" rotors for the G-body. The 12" rotors will fit with a 16" rim.
      Name:  1022221808.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  256.7 KBName:  1022222011_HDR.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  167.6 KBAttachment 202950
      I am also building a 25.3 87 GN to do drag-n-drive events. I am signed up for Sick week in Feb but that will be a long shot in making. The car has been 8 teen at mid 170s already planning to be in the 7s with the new chassis.Name:  1009221130.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  590.8 KBName:  1009221130a.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  573.2 KB
      Name:  1009221307_HDR.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  241.3 KBName:  1009221312.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  241.0 KBName:  1009222002.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  202.0 KB

Turbobuick, Great looking builds! The T type and Grand Nationals have always been a favorite of mine!
      Bill

75 Chevelle Malibu
      Garage Build
      Instagram @BK75

Building hoses for fuel, PS, oil and intercooler. Trying to decide best fasteners/approach to mount battery tray in the trunk where I don't have good access from underneath.

looking to sell my 434 Stroker Dart and swap in an LS with Dry sump for roadracing. Pump Gas, able to handle lateral G's....so thats my plan for my 69 camaro.

I'll be swapping out a noisy walbro fuel pump and installing higher rate springs on the front to try and balance the car out more. The stock moog springs have done well but are starting to sag. Light list for me, I still drive it during the winter months if there isn't any salt or precipitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      Building hoses for fuel, PS, oil and intercooler. Trying to decide best fasteners/approach to mount battery tray in the trunk where I don't have good access from underneath.
      What about getting a rivnut gun and using those to help mount the battery tray? I picked up a decent one off amazon, has worked well so far.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I don't have a project yet, but I'm gearing up for one. I found a crazy good deal on a Smithy 1340 3 in 1 mill/lathe recently and just ordered an Everlast MTS(MIG, TIG, Stick) 225 that has AC Tig capabilities, so I'm looking forward to making some cool custom pieces for the next ride.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post

What about getting a rivnut gun and using those to help mount the battery tray? I picked up a decent one off amazon, has worked well so far.
      That's what I'm planning on using, looking for a good rivnut gun. Can you post a link to the one you got off Amazon?

I'm currently working on interior and stereo stuff for my '72 Olds 442 convertible. This 10-year project is approaching the finishing line and I couldn't be happier. I bought a pair of used BMW seats from an M3 convertible and had them recovered to emulate the stock A-body bucket seats, got them install this weekend. The upholstery guy thought I was crazy to remove the beautiful black leather and recover them with white vinyl, but they look great and match the rest of the mostly stock interior. I made custom mounting brackets to allow the seats to bolt to the A-body floor pan contours, and I reinforced the mounting locations for safety. The seats sit a bit higher than I'd like so I may rework the mounting brackets to incline them a bit; but that will be a project for another day.

The previous weekend I installed an 8-channel JL Audio amp in the trunk and ran all the power, signal & speaker wiring. I'm looking for a good location to mount the Dayton DSP unit which will be used to tune the 8-speaker system and set crossover points for the speakers. I think it will fit nicely below the RH A-pillar, kind of behind where the door jamb switches are located. This weekend (after sleeping off too-much turkey) I will be working on the rear speakers. I've added power windows and the stock location for the window switches was in the upper door card where the window cranks would be. I moved the switches to the armrests and will be fitting a pair of 2-1/2" full-range speakers in the door cards.

Here's some pics.

Rodney

Name:  IMG_4641.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  201.9 KB
      This is my car fresh from the paint booth

Name:  IMG_4895.JPG
Size:  167.0 KB
      BMW M3 convertible seats w/integrated 3-point shoulder belts

Name:  IMG_4903.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  252.1 KB
      This is the JL Audio 8-channel amp for the stereo system

Name:  IMG_4901.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  238.1 KB
      Signal wiring on the RH side, power & speaker wiring on the LH side

Name:  IMG_4897.JPG
Size:  235.7 KB
      These 2-1/2" full range speakers mounted to 1/4" plastic sheet will be fitted behind the rear door cards

Name:  IMG_4182.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  159.6 KB
      Moved the rear window switches to the rear armrests

Name:  IMG_4156.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  132.9 KB
      I bought these grilles off eBay, the 2-1/2" speakers will fit behind
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      That's what I'm planning on using, looking for a good rivnut gun. Can you post a link to the one you got off Amazon?
      I got the 16" tool w/ 11 mandrels so I could switch between metric and standard thread. It's not the best thing in the world, but it does work. Would highly advise running a test try before you go to install any in your car. I used some spare sheetmetal in a vise to check the function of it, instructions could be better, probably a good video out there to explain it better.

https://www.amazon.com/WETOLS-Rivet-...07&sr=8-3&th=1
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

i'm slowly building a pile of boxes full of new goodness for my 67 Camaro rat trap
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

I was thinking of upgrading from 2-point seatbelts to 3-point. Nervous about cutting the headliner.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com