Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 2009 c6 z06

Country Flag: United States

2009 c6 z06

As stated,I just bought a z06 with 60k on the clock,for about the mid 30k.

I've been building my 72 chevelle for awhile,and after driving this car which is my daily driver,upgraded from the 07 z51 base I got last year.
      There's no way a pt chevelle,or any model for the matter, could beat this in price point,for the hp,brakes,aero etc.
      I love my chevelle, it was my dad's car,BUT This Animal !
      WHEW! MY GOODNESS!! LOL.
      I will be saving some money to get the heads guides done as peace of mind as I've researched the valve drop issues.
      I don't want to add crazy heads,and cam maybe a mild one and a better clutch.
      As I stated it's my DD.
      I turned 45 this yr and want to enjoy driving a sports car to work while I can,and not wait till I'm 60-70 yrs old.

Btw,BTW, any members have a c6 z and can give good sound advice please give,thank you.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      72 chevelle.

You are right on that price point. For the money they are a beast. Love that color too

If it wasn't for the chevelle being my dad's ,he bought it in 74.
      I most likely would sell it now.
      I'm on the fence if I should go forward building the 383 for the chevelle, has the built 350,run it like that for the local scca near me or ls it,but the ls won't be a few yrs down the line.
      72 chevelle.

I have a 70 chevelle that's all original that I used to drive 10 to 15 thousand miles a year. Then i finished my camaro and it's so hard driving the chevelle now. It's a 396 has no power compared to the ls camaro and the handling is no comparison. So I totally get it the sentimental part makes it hard to get rid of.Name:  20220922_065850.jpeg
Views: 425
Size:  169.2 KBName:  20220519_073220.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  99.5 KB

Yeah the chevelle has all speedtech front suspension ext coilover mount ,coilovers, splined swaybar I have custom rear lower/upper control arms,thinking of doing a torque arm from them,ats spindles c5 brakes,you know the typical pt parts.
      Well see.
      Maybe I might sell the 72!
      72 chevelle.

Don't fall to hard in love w/ the Z06. IDK how much you know about them, but they have serious engine issues from the factory that NEED to be addressed, especially considering the miles. The big points- Valve guides go bad in 10-30k and can easily drop on the Ti in the motor and you can kiss it all goodbye. Finding replacement anything is getting expensive and difficult to get(go price GM Ti conn rods). The blocks have thin cyl walls, a .005-.010 overbore is max and they crack walls if you detonate on them. Other than that, they are great.... I may be interested in your Chevelle if you sell. If you have questions on what to do to the Vette, DM me, will help you make decisions. None of it is cheap, but the car is a killer if you fix it right. FYI, some of the fixes may have already been done prior. I would contact previous owner and see how far they got. If they didn't do anything buy drive it, I would stop driving it till you get the heads off. Yes, the problem is that severe.

I know ow about the head issues,I'll be removing them next year and driving them down to AHP,I already got the bronze trunnion kit from CHE,and I going to do the Blackstone oil check for the titanium in the oil because of the rod coating issue soon.
      It's such a great machine out the box though.
      Going to replace all the lifters,don't know about a cam upgrade most likely keep that stock,but going to upgrade the exhaust valves and have the intakes recoated.
      72 chevelle.

Just sold my H/C c6 Z06 earlier this year. Had 10k miles and made 620 at the wheels. Was a blast to drive. I just never had time to drive it, plus it was black, and I felt like I spent more time keeping it clean than driving it.
      They are hands down best bang for your buck for american sports car, and the ls7 is amazing.
      Great color choice, always like the AO. Get the heads done, even tho with an 09, I'd say yours are fine, but for the cost to have them redone, it's worth the piece of mind. A small cam, and bolt ons, you will easily be 540-550 rwhp.

In in socal,so in not sure if I want to do a cam or not.
      The Z is my daily at the moment, as my 27yr old daughter is using my 05 tahoe.
      I'm actually thinking of selling 70 c10 swb project truck for sure,and thought about buying another z but one with a salvage title cheap or put the money into the 68 mustang coupe we have as a track car has a tci to arm but it's a big project too. Lol.
      I also picked up a 72 chevelle Malibu, but it has a salvage title no frame damage was salvage because it had got hit on the drive qtr, ill be selling for sure. Im.going to post some pics in the for sale area for sure.
      72 chevelle.

2009 c6 z06

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      In in socal,so in not sure if I want to do a cam or not.
      The Z is my daily at the moment, as my 27yr old daughter is using my 05 tahoe.
      I'm actually thinking of selling 70 c10 swb project truck for sure,and thought about buying another z but one with a salvage title cheap or put the money into the 68 mustang coupe we have as a track car has a tci to arm but it's a big project too. Lol.
      I also picked up a 72 chevelle Malibu, but it has a salvage title no frame damage was salvage because it had got hit on the drive qtr, ill be selling for sure. Im.going to post some pics in the for sale area for sure.
      Name:  IMG_4699.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  318.2 KB

Yeah agreed love my 71 chevelle. ridetech shockwaves, front control arms and muscle bar. RT shockwaves, Hotchkis control arms and HK sway bar out back. Engines built well (still carb for now).

Doesn’t touch her sister in drivability and fun factor. Full BMR suspension and pro charged.

Also you’ll get a lot less looking lou’s questions and thumbs up with the newer cars

Name:  IMG_3243.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  368.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_3571.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  282.9 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

^^ my wife has a 2020 Lt1 camaro sleeper with the 6.2 and 10 speed auto fast as heck.
      She wants to put the wide zl1 tires and wheels on it because she said hers look like skinny weenie wheels ! Lol

I haven't been on here lately still have the chevelle,I bought a set of heads from a corvette forum member that got rebuild by American heritage performance moldstar 90 guides ti intakes and hollow stainless steel exhaust valves 1800 shipped I did the r&r myself, my og heads ex valves guides were really worn,I was close to dropping g a valve /valves.
      Now I have an extra set of heads .
      Going to get my 70 c10 short bed shot in satin black and sell as a roller,I might get a c5 z06 or salvaged c6 z06 or flood damaged to play with..
      The classic cars are cool and all but now that I have a real sports car well....
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      ^^ my wife has a 2020 Lt1 camaro sleeper with the 6.2 and 10 speed auto fast as heck.
      She wants to put the wide zl1 tires and wheels on it because she said hers look like skinny weenie wheels ! Lol

I haven't been on here lately still have the chevelle,I bought a set of heads from a corvette forum member that got rebuild by American heritage performance moldstar 90 guides ti intakes and hollow stainless steel exhaust valves 1800 shipped I did the r&r myself, my og heads ex valves guides were really worn,I was close to dropping g a valve /valves.
      Now I have an extra set of heads .
      Going to get my 70 c10 short bed shot in satin black and sell as a roller,I might get a c5 z06 or salvaged c6 z06 or flood damaged to play with..
      The classic cars are cool and all but now that I have a real sports car well....
      The wheels of a 1LE will have same profile as ZL1wheels. If you can’t find a nice set of take offs and don’t want to pay 3k to GM for a forged set, try MMR.

The make nice flow formed (better than cast wheels) factory camaro replicas at good prices. Yeah the skinny wheels don’t quite fit the Camaro’s right

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com