Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Longer studs for 71 Nova

Need some longer studs for my 71 nova that was originally drum/drum and now has ls1 f body brakes front and rear. Trying to run aluminum Us mag rambler wheels. Anybody have a part number for stock 7/16 x 20 front and rear replacement studs a little longer than stock to save me some time in the books tomorrow?

Country Flag: United States
      Check out Dorman 610-157: 7/16-20 x 2-1/8" long with a .487 knurl. If that knurl is too big, try Dorman 610-259: 7/16-20 x 1-3/4" with a .475 knurl. I'm running the Dorman 610-259s with US Mag Bandit U109s on my '72 Olds 442 convertible.

Rodney
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Napa was showing knurl on replacment sized lug nuts going by year of 564. I will check out those part #s though compared to one im gonna remove from the car

My car has a rebuilt stock 10-bolt with factory axles and flanges. I would think your Nova would have similar wheel studs. Maybe best to pull one of the current wheel studs and measure the knurl so you know what to look for.
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

The way I drive my 64 Chevelle I was concerned the 7/16" stud wouldn't hold up. It's also hard trying to find 7/16" lug nuts in a pinch. Have you looked up the stock torque for these things? I was over torquing them and had no idea..

I upgraded to 1980-2000 honda lug studs, same knurl diameter but M12x1.5 thread pitch. Brings the car up to date and you can't walk through a junkyard without tripping over lug nuts that will fit.

I spent more time than I'd like to admit going through the ARP catalog trying to find something that would work on my car.

https://arpcatalog.com/128/

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I was actaully thinking about doing similar also but going 98-02 camaro since thats what im running for brakes

Quote Originally Posted by rennat_2006 View Post
      I was actaully thinking about doing similar also but going 98-02 camaro since thats what im running for brakes
      ..Not sure what you mean by that? 4th Gen F bodies use the M12x1.5 thread pitch.. I'm running "LS1" brakes on my chevelle in the picture and used the honda studs as the knurl diameter is the same as the original studs, but have the larger metric thread instead of necking down to 7/16"..
      *Jeff*

I meant i was thinking about looking at other applications and possibly switching over to metric. Was just thinking camaro stuff since my car already uses a bunch of 4 gen fbody parts as is and would be easy to remember later on down the road if replacement was necessary.

Understood, I'm in the same boat. Car is more or less a junkyard dog. The studs are spec'd by Honda but don't have an H stamped into them. You could just say you used a Dorman 610-269 stud, no one would know. I'm even running 02 Camaro SS wheels.

*Jeff*

I'm using ARP 100-7701 using C5 brakes with factory drum hubs turned down with US Mag Ramblers. FYI I had to run a 1/8 spacer in the front to clear.

Name:  IMG_3762.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  353.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jolley_Man View Post
      I'm using ARP 100-7701 using C5 brakes with factory drum hubs turned down with US Mag Ramblers. FYI I had to run a 1/8 spacer in the front to clear.

Name:  IMG_3762.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  353.7 KB
      Looks killer
      Spacer to keep from rubbing frame rails at full lock?

The spacer was needed for the wheel to clear the caliper. The front wheels clear the frame quite nicely. I'm running the 18x8's up front.

The studs are spec'd by Honda but don't have an H stamped into them. You could just say you used a Dorman 610-269 stud, no one would know. I'm even running 02 Camaro SS wheels.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com