Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Any truth to the T56 Mag F 4 bolt shifter working better/smoother than Std 6 bolt ?

Had a call with a friend who suggested I look into the F model T56 Mag. He's suggesting the TUET16362 has a superior shifter compared to the Tuet11009. Beyond that, any issue you see with fitment in a 69 Camaro with an Art Morrison frame, speedo & longer drive shaft?

Does the trans put the shifter in a favorable location? No plans to run a center console.

Thanks!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Is this a non issue or something nobody has run across yet? My gut says stick with the proven 11009 case. Just curious what y’all have to say if anything.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Not much help here, but I recently went through this question as well. Building an A body and most of the info I could find was based around either an OEM T56 or the T56 Magnum. All the info I found on the Magnum F was based around newer F bodies and rightfully so.

I ended up with the 11009 since I know there is enough data out there to help me along the way. If there was compelling reason to go with the Magnum F, I figured I would have found it. But I never did.

Thx for the response. Cheers!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

The Tremec shifters are junk. I'm on the fourth one due to the awful sealing arrangement on the underside of the shifter plate. Two boots split due to excessive hoop stress on the seal. With a modified shifter shaft the hoop stress was fixed, but long-term the boot is not fully compatible with the recommended ATF fluids. It deforms and leaks.

I've tried others like the APT White Lightning, and it was worse.

The Bowler shifter fixes these problems. It's the only one that is designed correctly.

VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Glad to hear about the bowler shifter. I’ve had one in my pile of boxed parts for a while. Hoping to put it to use soon!

Good to see some feedback on this subject. I've heard good things about the Tick shifter online too.

So it would be a good idea to fab an access point to get to the top of the shifter while I'm fitting the trans to the trans tunnel.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

That’s my plan. Shifter boot is one thing, but an access door seems like a good idea considering all that I’ve been reading about shifter leaks. I’m hopeful the bowler shifter doesn’t keel, but want to future proof my setup

The Bowler shifter with the spherical ball is the cure. It's based on the Viper design.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com