Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anti-thieft Starter Disable Device

Just added this product to the website yesterday, product listing is for 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird but will work on any GM vehicle.

Slow down a potential joy rider or thief with this simple push button device. This device interrupts power going to the starter, when a thief tries to start the car, it acts like there is a dead battery and the car won't crack. With the button pressed in the car operates like normal. Button will light up, it can be wired to light up when pressed, all the time or when the lights come on. Includes detailed instructions. Device can be added to an alarm or used by itself. Uses a high quality relay so power isn't running thru the small button which allows you to mount the button where you want - installed in the glove box, ash tray, center console, under the dash or anywhere you choose.

1967-69 Camaro/Firebird Starter Disable Device (screamingchicken.com)

Name:  1st-3rd-starter-disable-g.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  83.9 KBName:  1st-3rd-starter-disable-lightning.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  114.0 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by screamingchickentx View Post
      Just added this product to the website yesterday, product listing is for 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird but will work on any GM vehicle.

Slow down a potential joy rider or thief with this simple push button device. This device interrupts power going to the starter, when a thief tries to start the car, it acts like there is a dead battery and the car won't crack. With the button pressed in the car operates like normal. Button will light up, it can be wired to light up when pressed, all the time or when the lights come on. Includes detailed instructions. Device can be added to an alarm or used by itself. Uses a high quality relay so power isn't running thru the small button which allows you to mount the button where you want - installed in the glove box, ash tray, center console, under the dash or anywhere you choose.

1967-69 Camaro/Firebird Starter Disable Device (screamingchicken.com)

Name:  1st-3rd-starter-disable-g.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  83.9 KBName:  1st-3rd-starter-disable-lightning.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  114.0 KB
      This has great timing!!
      Just started looking into options for a 67 Camaro build that I am doing for my wife right now

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      This has great timing!!
      Just started looking into options for a 67 Camaro build that I am doing for my wife right now
      I've been using the one in the video, I currently don't have door locks so I use the kill switch at gas stations and similar. Definitely wouldn't stop someone but slows them down or makes them think your car won't start. Much easier to operate and install compared to a regular alarm.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com