Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Solidworks drawings, post here!

Hi!
      I would like to know how many of you do work in SolidWorks?
      I have just started to learn how to use the program and I am curious to see what parts you guys have been making.

So if you have some cool drawings please post a picture of it here, or send me the parts file to [email protected] and I'll post them here. I would love to play around with some parts, but my skills are not that great yet, and my imagination isn't that good either.

I think this thread will be very interesting if a lot of you post here.

Thanks
      /Dan

Country Flag: United States
      Nope, I use Unigraphics or Solid Edge. Both of which are products of the company I work for, UGS.
      Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I haven't touched it in a year. I use AutoCAD at work, but was trained in Solidworks at school 2 years ago.

I have a bootlegged copy of both at home if I ever feel the need to draw something up.

Pro-E here Is it was a step learning curve from AutoCAD, but much more powerful software for doing engineering analysis.
      Brian Schein

UG here, and like Brian Schein I had the same steep learning curve from AutoCAD. Although I now work a little with Solid works, but havnt gotten into anything fun yet with models im just getting aquainted with the program. I have all my cool stuff like my redesigned PS2 controller on Unigraphics. But I got lots of pictures of that.

Please post some pictures of your drawings in either program. Lets see it :D

Here is my first drawing. I have only used SolidWorks since after x-mas so please keep that in mind before you yell at me for whatever reason :-)

/Dan
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Not to schabby... You got a good grip on what your doing it looks like. Enjoy the software.

Here is the PS2 controller I made for a class last year. The project was that i had to come up with a marketable idea, but the product had to be an assembly using existing technology or a whole new idea and be able to produce a working prototype and develop cavity and core molds for all the parts. So I decided to redesign a ps2 controller.

The pics are of a variety, the first two in Unigraphics, and then just a digital shot of the working prototype. The first one is a assembly with a transparent front piece, then a back shot, then pics of inside of both of the halves, and a pic of the finished product. I also have pics of the cavity and core mold for both halves.

EDIT: well i was going to post pics of the finished working prototype but it appears my files are to large, But if you want to see them let me know. Also its kinda hard to see the surface of the front of the controller but i can always resize pics and repost.

Here are some of my Pro/E models that I have uploaded already.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...achmentid=6222

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...achmentid=6223

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...tachmentid=889

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...tachmentid=890

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/at...tachmentid=888

I still can't figure out how to insert photo's. I but plastic parts on Pro/E everyday. We do some pretty cool stuff.
      R.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt
      Nope, I use Unigraphics or Solid Edge. Both of which are products of the company I work for, UGS.
      Scot
      You have got, by FAR, the COOLEST avatar!!!!! Killer Monte as well, but I love the Fetus grabbing GEARS!

Kevin,
      Solidwork beginner
      E-mail sent

That PS2 controller and the bug looks cool. If I sat down and messed with Solid works for while I could make a controller or most anything I wanted. I actually started drawing my quad about a year ago but never finished it. But for now I just make parts, brackets, and emblems for people. If you want to see some of my recent stuff visit adfabdesign.com
      You can see samples of my latest stuff here.
      http://adfabdesign.com/Site/Products-669.html
      I realy need to update that site again.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Yah all it takes is some time to figure out new tools and play with em, and just practice and you can make just about anything you want. In UG i just got started with surface modeling, and that was the first thing i got started with. I had lots of other stuff, but its all on the server at school and i wont be back there for a week or so.

Anyone know if SW has somethin like UGs Shape studio?

I wish I knew how to make more curved shapes or however they cut out the shell like airrj1 did with his bug shell. And how Mowebalz did with the PS2 controller.
      If I could figure that out I would design my entire car. I can wing it but I know there has to be a better way. The one program I would LOVE to get is Softimage or whatever Kris Horton uses. People that use that program can produce anything in the world you can think of. Yeah anything. Ive seen just friggin amazing human renders. Just do a search on Softimage and look at all the pics.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Go to this page and you can be here for days looking at renders on the left side of the page for each month. http://www.softimage.com/Community/X.../Gal_Jan06.asp

Yah softimage is GREAT!!! i havnt had a chance to have first hand experience yet with it, but i really want to try it out. my experience lies in 3DS Max and Viz for rendering. Although I havnt gotten into much of complex shapes in rendering programs yet though. I deal with CAD much more in that area than i do in rendering. Although Im working through tutorials in 3DS Max to learn about it.

We had a guy come into our class who uses soft image and did some absolutely amazing things with global lighting.

I use SW to design peripheral equipment for large sheet-fed printing presses like Heidelberg, Komori, and Mitsubishi. This part is a housing that contains the operator interface for an automated ink dispensing system.

I feel left out now. Since I have been working for UGS I have not done that much design work. Instead I have supported, mentored, & instructed classes & users on the Unigraphics system. Before working for UGS I designed turbochargers for Schwitzer. That was in interesting challenge. I have only worked on simple things like fishtank stands, clutch master cylinder brackets, tubing bender frame (that I never built).

C5 brakes on B spindles: http://mysite.verizon.net/res722js/ug_model_exp.jpg

Clutch bracket: http://mysite.verizon.net/res722js/ug_brkt.jpg

Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

cool... theres an opening now at Honeywell turbochargers that I would love to get involved with, but they want 2-3 years work experience, of which i dont quite have yet. But hopefully ill have an internship lined up this summer... now the question becomes do i become a teacher (what my major was for) or go into my minor (design)

Sorry for the hijack

Here is my $.02. I currently support the automotive field. And have pretty much worked in that field for the past 14 years. Most of the design work for automotive industry is moving overseas. I am sure a lot of other manufacturing industries are doing the same. It is hard to have the teaching field move overseas. At the moment the $ may not be as good in the teaching field, but I feel it is going to be harder & harder to get into the design world.

Again just my $.02.

Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

im sorry maybe i wasnt clear enough, by teaching i mean highschool cad and autos. Although teaching UG wouldnt be a bad deal either.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com