Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Accessory Drive

Here is a SolidWorks project I did recently, as well as the end result. I designed the bracketry to mount all of the accessories to the front of this beautiful big block.

Attached Images Attached Images    
      --ET
      62 Nova Convertible
      62 Nova Coupe

WHoa that engine is beautiful!
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Thanks.... The engine belongs to a friend who I am helping. I enjoy designing anything automotive. I am a degreed mechanical engineer; I have used Pro-E for 8 years before switching to SolidWorks for the past 6 years.

I am currently designing early Nova parts for my own cars (finally). I will post designs as I complete them. I'm in the process of enlarging my garage to work on the Novas.
      --ET
      62 Nova Convertible
      62 Nova Coupe

Ok not to thread hijack, but where did all of you go to learn this? This is something I think I would like to learn with at home. My job is no where near as interesting as desiging anything.

I just got the program and bought a book called SolidWorks the basics 2004. I got SolidWorks 2006 but did not find a book for 2006
      Dan and yes I live in SWEDEN

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Here's some stuff I did...can't take full credit for the vette IRS, although I did modify it here and there most of that had been done by someone else already (why invent the wheel twice) sorry for the large pics...

Country Flag: United States
      Twin-turbo,
      ANy chance you can get a solid model of a 87-96 Vette IRS?

Thanks,
      Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I learned Pro/E during my time at Purdue earning my BSME. I've just now started tinkering in Solidworks, but once you learn on solid modeling program I think it's easier to pick up others.

Brandon
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383
      Ok not to thread hijack, but where did all of you go to learn this? This is something I think I would like to learn with at home. My job is no where near as interesting as desiging anything.
      Solidworks often has free training seminars, I am not sure how helpful they are:

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/news...rSeminars.html

Solidworks used to have a program were you could get a 6 month copy of the software to self-train yourself for a new career as a solidworks designer. I am not sure if they still do this.
      Free hostings of solid models!
      http://www.wrenchmonkey.com/Webpages/Solids/Solids.html
      92 Stealth Twin Turbo with 3.5L Engine swap
      www.wrenchmonkey.com
      Looking for my next project, maybe an AWD 71 Lemans????

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt
      Twin-turbo,
      ANy chance you can get a solid model of a 87-96 Vette IRS?

Thanks,
      Scot

No, I could do one from a late C3 Dana 44 center section but don't have a C4 IRS anymore..and it was a D36, assuming you want a D44???

I could give you the parts that are about the same, like the halfshafts and such..the C4 halfshafts are a bit longer but it's easy to change that. The C4 diff is dimensionally very similar to the C3 one, both the iron and later alu model (which is a D44, just not a super D44 and not as strong), the batwings although not interchangeable because of the ring gear sticking out further do share the same bolt hole position and the camber bracket for the C4 is the same bolt spacing/pattern as the alu C3 one.

I have some assembly drawings of the C4 stuff somewhere..maybe it has measurements, don't remember. If it has it would be fairly simple to do one.

The Dana 36 C4 stuff would work. I believe the mount points on the car are the same. I would like to see how (if) I can get one mounted in an 86 Monte SS. Anything you can/will give me is better than what I have.

Not sure if I can open a solidworks file directly into UG. Can you IGES them?
      Thanks,
      Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I know you can import a UG file directly into SW... I would presume you could do it visa versa but Im not positive on that.

Just checked & I can open DXF/DWG, IGES, STEP, Parasolid (UG proprietary), Solid Edge, Ideas & CATIA.

Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

rb70383, For me..... designing car parts is a fun hobby, but it is also a sickness..... but I LOVE IT. I have years of experience with Pro-E (8 years) and SolidWorks (6 years). I was trained on Pro-E through my work, but I taught myself SolidWorks.... It was easy after using Pro-E. You can take classes at most city/junior colleges in SolidWorks, as well as 3D AutoCAD. I design high-end pumps and cooling systems for the aerospace and space industries (including pumps that have traveld to Mars). I am the Marketing & Product Development Manager of a small company in California.

Twin_Turbo, NICE WORK! What is your background?
      --ET
      62 Nova Convertible
      62 Nova Coupe

Hosting for Solid Models

I would love to get copies of ANY solidmodels that are car related.
      Right now I am modeling a GM A-body frame to see if my AWD lemans project is feasable, and because I don't have enough money to do it even if it is feasable;)

I can Host Solid models on the internet at my website:

Email me your solid models to [email protected] and I will host them and post links here! Please put Soldiworks or Pro-touring in the title so I don't delete your email as spam.
      Free hostings of solid models!
      92 Stealth Twin Turbo with 3.5L Engine swap
      www.wrenchmonkey.com
      Looking for my next project, maybe an AWD 71 Lemans????

Did Soildworks model making for 2nd and 3rd gen hood hinges to make them out of aluminum since no one makes them yet.Getting ready to mill them out CNC program.

I made a fuel log last night. here are two pictures, they are the same basicly but with different materials
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Dan and yes I live in SWEDEN

Quote Originally Posted by HWY Nova
      Twin_Turbo, NICE WORK! What is your background?
      Thanks, I actually have no automotive or design background...it's all self taught, (everything, the solidworks stuff, the suspension work, the welding, fabricating..everything) I live in the Netherlands and we don't have classes for welding and that kind of stuff, just full blown education that costs a lot of $$...so I just learn as I go along.

I like the parts sharing idea, anyone have a complete smallblock? I had started on one but lost the part file (along with a fully completed big block crower stack injection setup :( ) but have many other parts, all in the above pic...so I can share them if needed.

Twin_Turbo: Keep up the awesome work. I am modeling a full frame for a 63 Nova. The frame will have a truck-arm rear suspension set-up. I am also modeling an accessory drive ffor a small block chevy (and it is turning out wild!). I'll post models as I complete them.
      --ET
      62 Nova Convertible
      62 Nova Coupe

John, hope your email box can hold 30 or so Megs, I'm sending several models in a ZIP....

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com