Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

SOLD: QA1 #52537 64-72 A body front lower control arms

SOLD 2/18

Up for sale is a brand new set of QA1 2.0 64-72 A body pro touring coilover lower control arms for a 64-72 A Body, part number 52537.

These were mocked up on my car for one afternoon only to find out they won’t work for my specific parts combination… crap.

I have very early production ATS spindles with the thread in lower ball joint inserts, and because of the way the early ATS spindles with the inserts were made the spindle body ends up sitting very low on the ball joint stud and the bottom of the spindle body contacts these QA1 control arms around the ball joint at full bump travel. That spindle to arm contact and resulting binding risks breaking the lower ball joint stud or damaging the spindle, neither of which is a good idea.

Newer production ATS spindles are made without the threaded in ball joint stud inserts and sit higher and would clear the control arm—I could buy new spindles and use these QA1 arms, but it’s cheaper to sell these arms and get different lower arms rather than buying new ATS spindles. I’d love to be able to buy +0.5” taller ball joint studs from QA1 for these arms which would totally fix the spindle clearance problem, but QA1 doesn’t make a +0.5” stud for these arms… just my luck. So, I’m selling these arms and changing to Global West CTA-42EXT arms that I can install Howe or QA1 ball joints in and then run a lower ball joint stud that’s just tall enough to avoid spindle to arm contact at full bump travel.

As mentioned above, they were mocked up on the car for a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon and then removed... they're as-new. I didn't even use the new hardware that came with them, I used my old hardware for mockup.

Asking $675 shipped and insured, or $625 for local pickup or if I meet you half way (I’m near Lodi, CA.)

Name:  qa1arms1.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  574.6 KB

Name:  qa1arms2.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  203.5 KB
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Bump. Sorry for no pictures yet, things have been crazy at work and taking care of an elderly relative after work and I haven't had time to go by the shop and get pictures.
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Back to the top... finally had time to get to the shop and take pictures today.
      1969 Chevelle

Back to the top. QA1 recently raised the price on these, so better deal for you...
      1969 Chevelle

Back to the top.
      1969 Chevelle

Back to the top.
      1969 Chevelle

Bump.
      1969 Chevelle

Back to the top.

1969 Chevelle

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com