Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New to the group 1966 GTO Post Coupe Tri-power

new to the group- hello I'm Greg I have a 1966 GTO that has been apart since 1989 off frame- I bought this car when I was 17 years old. I'm
      trying to make this a street curser and weekend autocross car contender.

I recently purchased a 12.7:1 power steering box QA1 pro touring control arms upper and lower and was searching for anyone who has any experience with this system on a similar A-body- I have 76' disk brake spindles but purchased 2" drop spindles but don't think I want it in the dirt unless it was riding on air- a whole different system.

thanks in advance for any feedback with Pontiac A-body experience - haven't put them on yet - could always go ridetech= just cost more
      Greg

Country Flag: United States
      Greg,

How about starting a build thread with some pictures. That's always a great place to start conversations and learn.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by GLaird View Post
      new to the group- hello I'm Greg I have a 1966 GTO that has been apart since 1989 off frame- I bought this car when I was 17 years old. I'm
      trying to make this a street curser and weekend autocross car contender.

I recently purchased a 12.7:1 power steering box QA1 pro touring control arms upper and lower and was searching for anyone who has any experience with this system on a similar A-body- I have 76' disk brake spindles but purchased 2" drop spindles but don't think I want it in the dirt unless it was riding on air- a whole different system.

thanks in advance for any feedback with Pontiac A-body experience - haven't put them on yet - could always go ridetech= just cost more
      Greg
      Welcome Greg. As Larry suggested, start a build thread.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Sweet! I have a 67 I've had since 1989, when I was 15. Been off the road since I thought I'd "scuff it and shoot it" in grad school in the late 90's. Don't have the personality for hack jobs, but then life happened. Started a build a few years ago, and am slowly making progress. WOuld love to see some pictures as you go.

I went Global West on my car, because I wanted to run 17's, rather tahn 18's. There is a Corvette spindle conversion, I want to think it is AFX? Found out from the guy who developed it that you can still run 17's with it. If I could go back, that would be what I'd do.
      67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster
      And a couple of 80's Porsches

Welcome to the world buddy, with time you’ll understand how the forum works.

Hey. I have a 65 cutlass so very similar. I’ve ran qa1 coil overs. They were amazing. Maybe something to look out for. Check speedway for their clearance stuff they always have qa1 gear. I’m going follow your progress. I’m thinking of doing the cpp pro touring kit. But I have to see if it’s worth it.

That's always a great place to start conversations and learn.

Welcome to the world buddy , Don't have the personality for hack jobs, but then life happened. Started a build a few years ago, and am slowly making progress. WOuld love to see some pictures as you go.