Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Engine EFI Mgt system and harness for a Gen V LT1

I've been on a hiatus from the PT deal for a couple of years while I was focusing on SCCA racing. Now I'm down to 1 race car, 1 Camaro and looking to get this 69 Camaro finished.

I just picked up a Gen V Lt1 dry sump engine with 27k miles and will be in need of a engine mgt system for the efi etc...

Looks like the same names are in the game, Holley, Fast, stock & more. Something relatively new I see is the self tune features available.

My plans are to stick to NA. Heads ported, cam, remove AFM, MSD or ported LS2 intake, bigger TB and a good tune should net me 500-550 BHP through a T56 magnum close ratio.

In full disclosure I don't know jack about tuning an engine through EFI but willing to learn or pay someone if need be.

So in this sea of engine management options, any comments, experiences and recommendations?
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

find reputable tuner in your area and get his recommendation since you will probably have to rely on him at some point to meet your goals.

full disclosure we 4 cars using 4 different systems that have been tuned at some point: Stock Z06, Megasquirt LS3, Holley LY6, and ProEFI stroker 408/Turbo

There is a Terminator X Max out there that will control Gen5 DI motors. I'd give Andrew a call and talk through it with him.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I'd check Speartech if you look to stay stock.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I'd check Speartech if you look to stay stock.

Definitely a consideration and solid option. I do have a possibility of picking up a PSI harness and ECU for 1200 bucks. Stock tune.

seems reasonable till I have to tune it with the new cam, intake & TB.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      There is a Terminator X Max out there that will control Gen5 DI motors. I'd give Andrew a call and talk through it with him.

i watched this guys install last night. Looks like a complete system. Expensive for Holley though. They are real proud of it at $2800. I’ve had their old commander system on my boat 540 in the mid 2000’s. Their wire work was kinda crappy back then. Bad pins crimps & pinched wires mid harness.

https://youtu.be/ZLj0x-6uL0o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by btmatt View Post
      find reputable tuner in your area and get his recommendation since you will probably have to rely on him at some point to meet your goals.

full disclosure we 4 cars using 4 different systems that have been tuned at some point: Stock Z06, Megasquirt LS3, Holley LY6, and ProEFI stroker 408/Turbo

know anyone around Phoenix? I think I know of a guy in Havasu that does Fast systems in boats.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
      Definitely a consideration and solid option. I do have a possibility of picking up a PSI harness and ECU for 1200 bucks. Stock tune.

seems reasonable till I have to tune it with the new cam, intake & TB.
      I got my harness, ecu and pedal from Speartech for about $1500 and it was setup with base tune using cam and injector specs that I provided.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

For gen V id go gm ecu and hptuners or efilive. Also plan on paying a decent amount to get a good tuner.

ProEFI is in Glendale; Kurt Siebels has been a huge help to me

Great info guys! Thx for your help and input!

Consensus is stick to the GM Op system and have a company like spear tech build the harness. ECU's seem pretty reasonable from what I've seen online. Depends on what way I go with the engine I can probably get a damn near close tune from a builder. At least get me running till I get to a refinement tuner.

Looking at options. Maybe a stoker kit. Would like to sleeve it and do a 427. Just love the idea of it. I'm getting the drive train mocked up, accessories, oil & cooling systems mocked up before before I finish the cage and send for body work.

Cheers!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com