Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Which Ford contour fans???

I've seen how alot of people use the factory dual fan setup out of a Ford contour. I am curious which one is "the one to get"? What years and which engine? Thanks in advance for any help

Country Flag: United States
      Depending on what you are trying to do, there might be better options.

What is the radiator core size? Are you controlling the fans with an aftermarket ECU, like Holley EFI?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Actually it's for a carbureted engine. I'd either be using a stand alone controller or the Volvo relay bmw sensor setup like my other car which works great

I used this controller back in the late 90s/early 00s and they worked really well. Standalone fan controller, and they can handle the oddball Ford fans. I haven't used them since I started doing later model ECMs with built-in fan control because the OEM integrated controllers work better, but for something with no ECM this would be my first stop. What I liked about them was they were built tough, they soft start and they will vary the fan speed to maintain a set temperature instead of slamming the electrical system every few minutes. This also makes for a quiet fan as it'll only run the fan at full speed when it needs to. It can also accept an air conditioner input.

http://www.dccontrol.com/

2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

I've had good luck with 98-02 GM F-Body dual fans. Painless sells a wiring kit with a temp sensor that's practically plug and play. A lot depends on the core size you have to work with.

Great advice thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolley_Man View Post
      I've had good luck with 98-02 GM F-Body dual fans. Painless sells a wiring kit with a temp sensor that's practically plug and play. A lot depends on the core size you have to work with.
      I've used 4th gen fans and a DCC controller in my 2nd gen camaro for over 10 years. Zero issues, works great.

I don't think they'll fit my 1st gen though.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

I have a variable speed pwm fan controller from the AutoCool Guy. These are solidly built, the only thing I don't care for is the temp sensor slips under the lower radiator hose to sense the radiator temp. I just feel like this could eventually leak at some point. it works well.

https://www.autocoolguy.com/home

Rodney
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com